~ Chapter 16 ~

Everyone was awoken and Zara was rushing around the planning room, informing everyone about how their plan would never work. 

"So if we were to go through this hallway at 6, we would run into these 4 guards who's shift starts from 5.30-6.30. So we could wait until around 6.35 and then  we would have 5 minutes to get from Hall A to C before the next 4 guards take their shift" She explained

Everyone struggled to process all the information that she was throwing at them. 

"And now here's where i come in. I printed off a fake ID but with my real name. I'll tell them i'm there to talk to Janson. When i get to him, i'll tell him i want to work with him, that i want to be his daughter again yada yada yada"

"No way" Jorge interrupted

"No i'll gain his trust then use it against him to get everyone out safely" She said

"That's too dangerous, what if he knows your lying and puts you with the other kids, he'll have you right where he wants you" 

"Listen, i've spent all night planning this out, it's going to work" She told them. She gave every group a copy of the map she made and the times and they set off.  

Thomas, Gally and Newt went with Zara and Teresa in their guards uniform that they stole the other day and arrived at the front door. 

"And... action" Zara whispered as the front door opened. Gally grabbed one of her arms and Thomas grabbed the other, posing as guards making sure she didn't run. They all held guns next to them. 

The plan was for Zara to distract Janson because he was the biggest threat, while the others found Minho and the kids and brought them to safety. Then Zara had to think of a way to escape. She figured she'd just tell him she needed a breath of fresh air and then make a run for it.

"Hi can we speak to Janson please" Teresa said to the receptionist. 

"Sure thing, do you have your ID card?" She asked, looking to Zara as well. She reached in her pocket and grabbed the fake ID. She handed it over while the receptionist looked it over. 

"All right if you will just follow me to his office then" She smiled and Zara breathed in relief that it worked. She was 'escorted' to the elevator and stood in the back with the 'guards.' She could hear Newt's heavy breathing and turned to look at him

"You ok?" She whispered so only he could hear. He nodded and thumbs up. She gave an unsure look and turned back around. 

Once they reached the office, Teresa knocked and waited for Jansons response

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Thomas whispered

"No" She responded and chuckled a bit before taking a deep breath. 

The door swung open and they were met with Jansons confused face.

"Zara? Finally come to your senses?" He asked, his sly grin implanted on his face.

"Yeah, i just want a dad again" She said, bowing her head a bit.

"Come inside, we can talk about this privately" He said, beckoning her inside

He dismissed the 'guards', receptionist and Teresa. 

"Please sit" He gestured to a chair and sat down opposite her. 

"So tell me what changed your mind"

"I felt lonely. I realised your the only family i have left. I guess i want to build a healthy family bond with you" She sighed

"But i understand if you don't want to, after all i've done" 

"Of course i want to. Your my daughter. No matter what happens i will always love you. I may not like you sometimes but i do love you." He smiled and held her hand.