~ Chapter 19 ~

Can we air the fact i kept forgetting about the fact i haven't updated in ages thanksss

Newts gone, Teresa's gone, Jansons gone. Zara sat silently as she tried to wrap her head around the fact that they are GONE, never coming back, ever. Sure, she didn't like Teresa and wanted Janson dead but, dead. 

It's a strange concept. What even happens after death? Is it just, black? Do you come back as a ghost and see everything and anyone you want? Do you have heaven and hell? Do you start a new life as someone else or is it all just a simulation? When you die will someone take a VR headset off of you and ask 'how was it?' 

She kept imagining what Newt was doing right now. How he would want everyone to be happy and move on. Everyone sat in silence, all looking broken and shocked at all they lost in a day. 

Zara blamed herself. Her plan was stupid. She insisted on changing the plan, maybe if they stuck to the original, everyone would be ok. She also dragged Newt into her own problems. She would carry the blame and guilt of his death forever. 

The burg flew through the air for hours. Not a word was spoken. Zara's eyes fell heavy and she closed them, they stang from the tears. Soon sleep fell over her.

'Hey, Zara wake up" Gally whispered. She opened her eye slightly to see everyone had already left and they arrived at the safe haven. 

This was it. She had spent 4 years on the run and living for herself to get here. Everyone seemed happy, smiling and joyful. She turned to look at Gally and gave him a big hug. 

"We made it" He said as he pulled away. 

"Newt would be proud" She sighed. They met with the others and they all got a drink and sat down. 

"We're here! After a long fight we made it. Some loved ones and people we hold very close to our hearts we lost on the way but they are watching over us, proud of our accomplishment. To honour the memories of those lost, remember them in any way you wish on this rock" Vincent made a speech and everyone cheered.

Zara smiled a bit and her eyes watered. She was contentful and yet sad. Alec would've loved it here as well. 

When everyone was done talking, they went over to the rock. Thomas had carved Teresa and Alby's names, Minho carved someone called Winston and Newt, Gally carved Chuck and Jeff, they handed the knife to her when they were done. She carefully carved the letters A L E C and then her brother's name, she brushed away any excess. She nodded with certainty that everything was ok now and walked away. 

She sat by the sea and listened to the gentle waves crash against each other, fighting for dominance. The sun was setting and stars started to peek through the crisp white clouds. 

Jorge and Brenda sat either side of her and they held hands. She was thankful that she still had them. 

"I love you guys" She said, her eyes still glued to the horizon.

"i love you too" They replied. 

"It's all over now Hermana's. This is the end of our suffering"

"But the beginning of peace" Brenda added. 

Zara chuckled a bit and then started properly laughing. 

"What could you possibly be laughing at?" Brenda asked

"Sorry that just sounded very scripted and cringey" She stifled as she slowed her laughs down to coughs. 

They all started laughing again. 

Peace is what they wanted and peace is what they got. She looked up at the sky.

I still see you

She smiled slightly and dug her toes in the sand. 

Onwards to a carefree life.

The end