Chapter Thirty-Four

I clenched my eyes shut tightly, light beams shining into my newly awakened eyes. Strong arms surrounded me, and I sleepily snuggled into Reth's warm chest.

"Good morning sleepy head," his raspy voice said from above my head.

He traced his fingers along my bare back, kissing my forehead gently.

"It's Sunday..." I trailed off, the dread setting in. We had been staying at the beach house for the past three days. Today, we would have to go home.

"I know, baby," he whispered to me. He pulled me close, feeling my oncoming anxiety. "Everything is going to be fine. Don't worry about that right when you wake up. Just relax with me."

I sighed deeply. Maybe he was right. Maybe I was over reacting.

My eyes still felt heavy with sleep, and I groggily looked up at him, blinking to clear away the fogginess.

"Do we really have to leave today?"

"You know we do. We have school tomorrow. Once these next couple months pass we can do whatever we want, but we need to keep our grades up until we graduate."

"Then I guess we better have the best day ever," I murmured, smiling a little.

He returned it, his dark eyes shimmering. I ran my hand through his tousled hair, combing through his soft, brown locks.

His eyes trailed down to my lips, and he slowly leaned over to give me a kiss. I pulled away quickly, giggling.

"What is it?" He chuckled.

"Morning breath. Yuck!"

"Like I care about that," he scoffed before kissing me passionately.

"Reth," I groaned. "Don't get me all hot and bothered this early in the morning."

He smirked at my flushed face, brushing my hair behind my ear. "Why don't you get ready and we can go and get lunch before we head home."

"You know me too well," I smiled.

I got out of bed reluctantly, stretching out my limbs, my body still sore from the previous night I spent with him.

This rediscovered intimacy between us had been ignited, and night after night passion burned between us. The feeling was amazing and it continued to bring us closer.

"You are so gorgeous," he gushed, his eyes scanning over my naked body in awe. "I love you so much. I'm so happy you're mine."

"Shower with me?"

"Okay," he replied, seeming taken by surprise.

The shower in the beach house was spacious, the exquisite mahogany tiles and glass door making it feel luxurious in more ways than one. I set the temperature, waiting for the water to heat up before getting in. He followed me shortly after, pulling me closer to him under the warm water.

I worked some soap into his hair, working my nails gently against his scalp in the way I knew he liked. When I was finished, I let him rinse it, watching the water flow over this shoulders and his chest, over every curve of him. I was suddenly entranced by his beauty, watching him run his fingers through his dark locks. I had never seen a more handsome man in my life.

"Reth," I mumbled, dazed.

"Yes?"

"You are... extraordinary," I whispered to him. "I'm so glad I came back to you. I don't know what I would do without you."

"Then I guess it's a good thing you'll never have to be without me," he chuckled, smirking at me.

"Promise?"