Chapter One

"You have to, Reth," Matt declared with a devilish toothy grin. Reth, who was leaning against the dented metal lockers of Devils High, shook his head and laughed.

"No, it's pointless."

"Just one girl, anyone that you want."

"I don't see a reason why I should turn some priss into one of us."

"Because," Blake stepped in. "Just one bad girl to keep us occupied- and maybe have a little 'fun' with, if ya' know what I mean." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at the last part and Reth rolled his eyes in annoyance.

A smirk played at his lips then and his eyes grew devious. "Fine," he stated. "If both of you pay me a' hundred bucks'."

Matt snorted, "No, that's too easy."

Blake stared at him intently for a moment before nodding. "Hundred bucks' from both of us, if you do it in two months at least, and we're not payin' you till' then."

"Seems fair," Reth said, shrugging. "Deal."

"Sweet," Matt grinned, watching him almost hungrily. "This otta' be good."

***
It's kind of funny how people you know slowly become people you knew. When you can walk right past them like they were never really a big part of your life. How you use to be able to talk for hours, and now, you can barely even look at them. I guess that that's just the way life works. That's also why it must have been such a shock to be face to face with Reth Santiago after nearly two years.

As I walked down the hallways of my exceptionally boring highschool, I couldn't help but think about how stressed I was. There were multiple reasons why, I suppose, and I wish I had the time to explain them all, but being an over responsible senior who only has free time to study and about no relationship status whatsoever, just don't. So there I was, about to walk home, when someone basically ran right into me, knocking my shoulder painfully. I hissed in agony before looking up to glare at the moron who was obviously not watching where he was going, but stopped dead in my tracks as I realized who he was.

"Oh," he said with a smirk. "I was just looking for you." Rolling my eyes I walked around him and took off through the schools doors. "Clare," he called as I continued walking and he continued following.

He suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me and I spun around and snarled, "Don't freaking touch me," before twisting out of his grip.

"Wow, what's up with you?" he questioned.

"Nothing your concerned about," I snorted mockingly. "What do you want, Reth?"

He shrugged, his dark brown hair falling in front of his eyes and he effortlessly brushed it away. "Just thought that I'd talk to you."

"After two years?" I growled before walking away again and him in toe.

"I also wanted to walk you home," he went on.

"Get a life."

He huffed a breath from beside me. "Listen, I know that I messed up, but can we at least be... civilized, for a little while?"

It was my turn to huff a breath, fixing my gaze on the sidewalk in front of me. "Fine."

What are you doing, Clare? My brain screamed at me. He hurt you, he'll do it again. I closed my eyes, ignoring my common sense trying to ward me away. Away from the boy who abandoned me, away from the boy who dropped me for a group of boys who ended up getting him expelled for a year, like some child tossing away a toy that it got bored of. He treated me like I was dirt under his feet. I would never forgive him.