Chapter Twenty-Six

*****

A/N: WARNING! Do NOT spoil the events of this chapter in any prior chapters! If I see a spoiler in chapters before this one, the comment will be deleted and the user will be blocked from commenting on this story further.

There is a big reveal in this chapter. Please don't be the person who ruins it for everyone else!

Without further ado, please enjoy the chapter!

*****

Do you ever wonder what one monumental decision could do to your life? Your relationships? Your health? How one decision could potentially change everything?

The day I would make one of the the most important decisions of my life happened one schoolday prior to our much anticipated holiday break. It started off normal, but if you think about it, every important day starts off somewhat normal. The day would be the beginning of a chain reaction, a series of events, the beginning of something no one would be able to stop.

When Reth and I stepped out of his car, every student and teacher was looking at us. We were the new power couple and all of the new gossip centered around us. I didn't pay much attention to the whispers and glares any longer.

He looked over at me, giving me a reassuring smile and taking my hand into his. I was confident as we walked through the doors of the school, wearing my new jacket proudly. Reth had been right, no one had dared to bother me since I received it. The football players refused to meet my eye and kept their distance for the first time that semester, and I was glad to not have to deal with them anymore.

Lunch rolled around quickly, and I grabbed a sandwich from the lunch bar before sitting down at my new table, with the delinquents.

"Hello, gorgeous," Raquel smirked at me. "How is mister ball-and-chain treating ya?"

"Amazing, as usual," I chuckled.

"You know I'm here waiting," he said, throwing his arms over the two chairs beside him as he leaned back. The one to his right happened to occupy Natasha, who shoved his arm away with a sneer.

"Are you still trying to seduce my girl, Quel?" Reth laughed as he sat next to me.

"What can I say, man? I've got'a eye for beauty." He winked at me. I found his awful pickup lines hilarious and made it very clear that I was not interested.

Maya entered the room and sat down next to Blake, who wrapped an arm around her. She had been sitting with him for the past few days now, which I assumed meant that they had made up. I was surprised when a warm smile made its way to his lips as he looked at her.

My eyes traveled around the room, finding Kira Lawson sitting at our old lunch table, alone. She had been sitting there ever since my movement to Reth's table, never eating and only looking down at her phone. She was obviously bothered by my presence, which I found strange. I watched as Matt stood and went over to her. She looked bored at the sight of him.

"Baby?" Reth called me back to attention. I blinked at him, not having heard what he said. He held up a wrinkled Calculus test with a 90% written at the top in red ink.

"That's great!" I exclaimed. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks to you," he smiled. "Our study sessions have been helping a lot."

"I'm glad," I said as I pecked him on the cheek.

He stood up, rubbing my back a little. "I'm going to go talk to Mr. Sims about my scores." I nodded, taking a bite of my sandwich when he walked away.