Chapter 17: Dad

Peter POV

I woke up in Lara Jeans bed, with my leg elevated on a pillow. My acl. Right. I sighed and picked up my phone from the nightstand next to me. There was an email from my doctor saying if I wanted to play lacrosse anytime soon I should schedule my surgery. Where would I even get the money? If I can't play what would happen with my scholarship? How would I pay for college without it? I needed some air, so I began trying to roll out of bed and somehow land on my feet, but I did in fact land right on my leg. 

"Ah fuck!" I shouted, momentarily forgetting about my sleeping girlfriend. She woke up and looked over at me.

"Peter!" She gasped scampering out of bed to help me up. Shit this is so embarrassing. Once she got my to my feet I grabbed my crutches and started towards her bedroom door with no words. "Peter where are you going? Are you ok?" She asked grabbing my arm.

"Don't touch me Lara Jean, you don't understand what I'm going through ok? I know that you want to...but you just don't" I told her feeling the tears again. This is so humiliating I thought. I shook her hand off of me and went to the stairs. I took a breath and figured out my way down. I could hear her calling my name but I couldn't even look at her. I was so angry but I didn't want to lash out at her again. She's doing everything right. She's the one that's stuck with me. When I finally found myself in the kitchen I saw Kitty sitting at the island, I had assumed that her dad and step mom had already gone to work. "Hey kiddo," I said sitting next to her. 

"Hey peter...what's wrong?" She asked me, she always had a weird way of knowing how I was feeling. 

"I have to schedule my surgery soon...and I'm not sure how to pay for it, but my entire life rides on me being good at lacrosse," I told her. She sat there for a moment and thought about my predicament. 

"Why don't you ask you da-" Just my glare cut her off.

"Kitty how could you even bring him up, you know what he's done to my family..." But even as I told her off I thought about how good of an idea that was. My dad definitely had money, and he definitely owed me for well...everything. We sat there for a while and I finally got up. "I have to go make a phone call," I told Kitty and slowly but surely made my way outside. I took my phone out of my pocket and scrolled to a contact I hadn't clicked on in a while, if it hadn't been in my phone it would have collected quite the layer of dust. I pressed call and listened to it ring, once...twice...three times...

"Hello?"

"Dad...hey"

A/N

Word count 494

It's been a second. Hi ig