Chapter 3: The hospital

Lara Jean pov
~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up in a hospital bed. My head on Peters chest and his arms around me. I never wanted to move from that position.
"L.J?" I head him croak.
"Yeah Peter?" I asked my voice sweet.
"When can we leave?" I felt so bad for Peter. After all he could lose everything!
"I'm not sure babe, want me to go find out?" He tightened his arm around me.
"Just stay here for a little bed longer I missed you so much" I nuzzle my head into his chest.
"I missed you too." He kissed my head and I closed my eyes. Honestly I never get enough sleep in college.
I wake up what felt like only a second later.
"Lara Jean?" Yelled a very familiar voice.
I sat up rubbing my eyes. "Kitty!" I saw my little sister and realized that I forgot to text that I was coming home!
"Peter!" She yelled and I realized he was asleep.
"Shh Kitty let him sleep he's hurt!"
"Oh" she looked at her shoes. "What happened?" My fave softened.
"He tore his ACL at lacrosse practice. He'll need surgery."
"What's an ACL?" She asked curiously but concerned. She's always liked Peter.
"It's in his knee Kitty, don't you see the giant brace in his leg!" I whisper shouted.
"God! I was just asking." She said raising her hands in defeat.
"Kitty?" I heard a raspy voice whisper.
"Peter, did we wake you up? I'm sorry!" Kitty seemed so worried. It's so out of character for her!
"No it's fine! How have you been kid? You're getting so big!" I smiled at how good Peter is with Kitty.
"I'm doing great! I always get the highest test scores in my class and I know the most words in my Korean class in school! They added Korean as a language last year and I decided to take it so I could talk to Lara Jean in Korean and-and" She started panting from all the rambling.
"Kitty slow down and breath!" I said as she took a deep breath.
"That's awesome Kitty!" Peter said with a wry smile.
"Kitty where's dad? And how did you know we were here?"
"Well..." she started.
"Kitty what did you do?!" She made this face when she told me about mailing the letters.
"I check your location every morning to make sure you get to your dorm alright Incase you were at a party or something" She started "but who would invite Lara Jean to a party am I right?" She said high-fiving Peter. I shot him a look and Kitty continued. "Well I saw that you were here and I took an Uber. Dads at work."
"Kitty! I am making sure you don't have my location right now! That's weird!!"
"L.J calm down!" Peter said calmly rubbing my shoulders. "Hey kit-kat why don't you go find a nurse and ask how fast we can get out of here huh?" Kit-kat was a nickname that Peter has given Kitty that was highly resented at first then it grew on her. "Sure Peter!" She said and skipped out of the room. I looked at Peter and smiled. "How are you so good with her?" I said laying my head back down on his chest.
"I don't know I'm just the Kitty whisperer I guess!" I laughed and we just layer there in a comfortable silence. His arm around my lower back my head snuggled into his chest. It would've been so perfect if only we weren't in a hospital bed. "YOU'RE GETTING DISCHARGED!" Kitty yelled bursting through the door. "Awesome!" Peter said giving Kitty a high five once again. "Here let me help you up!" I say hopping out of the bed and clicking down the plastic rail. "Largie I got it!" He told me as I rolled my eyes at the awful nick name his friend gave me in high school. "If you say so." I said taking a step back.
"Kitty hand me my crutches" he said being stubborn as usual. She handed him the crutches and I walked with him and Kitty to the elevator, then to the front desk to get him discharged. Once he filled out the papers Kitty brought up a very urgent point "So how are we leaving? I could call an Uber. I mean we could call your mom. Are we going to our house Peters house or his dorm?" Oh my God Why does she talk so much!
"Kitty shut up for a minute! And if we did go back to UVA you would not come!" I said and I looked at Peter.
"What are we doing from here?" I asked.
"I guess we'll have to...." he took a breath "call my mom".
She. Is. Going. To. Be. Pissed.

A\N
Hey guys sorry for taking so long to update I didn't think anyone was actually reading! So I hope you enjoy! Final word count is 806. Do you guys like knowing the word count? Comment with ur opinion.