Achillean Part 2

The picture used above is from hellschourch !

We all know what happened next. Achillean brought Ingressus to Master Aegus. Master Aegus healed Ingressus. Achillean and Ingressus became friends. New POV next chapter!

Achillean was still slightly afraid of the Voltaris-now-turned-Nestoris. Ingressus was undoubtedly skilled in fighting, and Achillean's teachings had led him to believe that all Voltaris were ruthless, cold-blooded killers intent on destroying them all with the Prime Songs. But Ingressus disproved all those theories and now Achillean was starting to believe that maybe not all Voltaris were bad. Maybe the masters were wrong to exile all of them.

As he was thinking this, he came upon his usual fishing spot at the end of the woods. He usually arrived a little earlier than Ingressus, so he was surprised to see him there before him... was that a sword?

As Ingressus stiffened and turned toward him, sensing his presence, Achillean could only wonder what he planned to do with the sword - and staff, he just noticed. Where did he get those?

"Oh, hi, Achillean. Master Aegus returned these to me last night... after what happened."

Achillean remembered what happened last night. There had been another body floating on the shoreline, and Ingressus had set out to catch it and bring it in. No details had been revealed as to who it was, or even the person's clan and gender. All he knew was that the person was recovering in Master Aegus' quarters and that they were found with a small glowing crystal on the end of a necklace. Perhaps it was due to this that Master Aegus saw it fit to reunite Ingressus with the weapons he was found with. If Master Aegus had deemed Ingressus to be worthy of them, he couldn't mean any harm, right?

"Anyway," continued Ingressus, "I figured you must have gone out of your way to welcome me and teach me how to fish. I will now return the favor." He held out a wooden sword meant for sparring. "Since you taught me one of your skills, I figured I might teach you one of mine. How do you like swordfighting?"