Riza

"...the last thing I remember... is walking beside the horse Tygren was on. The rest is in... shards. Glimpses or hallucinations of what happened after. I don't even know what clan I was in. All I remember is riding with Tygren, then dismounting after I heard a strange sound and smelling smoke."

"You were most likely riding from the village that was attacked a few months ago. That was a Voltaris village, so you were most likely a Voltaris. The boy you were riding with is most likely your brother. The strange sound must have been an Aggressium song aimed towards both of you and the smoke must have been from the village behind you."

"Yes, that would make sense. Then... all I remember is a... purple fog. An Elder Guardian staring at me, and then some weird, tall, purple-blackish creature putting this crystal on me." She holds up the crystal, which we can now see is engraved. "Riza. I wonder if that's my name. I wonder if the creature was a friend of mine. Anyway, then I just felt water all around me. Then someone was carrying me. All I remember of that someone is that he had yellow markings... like you. The Nestoris clan, right? But he also had a weird aura. I think he was saying something, but I couldn't hear. Then, I woke up here. With you by my side and the crystal's glow fading. Who are you, anyway? Where am I? Why do I look... different than I feel?"

"My name is Aegus Nestoris. You are in Nestoria right now, which is in Ataraxia. I am the Master of the Nestoris clan, and I have initiated you into my clan to keep suspicion away from you. It is very strange that you can sense auras, for normally only the people of the End can do that and you are Ardoni. Unfortunately, I have not heard or seen of any who go by the name Tygren. The person carrying you was Ingressus, and he brought you to me to heal. You had not eaten for a long time, and you were dehydrated when he brought you to me. You had many cuts that would leave scars, but they have all healed without a trace. You are a very unusual Ardoni, Riza, and I recommend that you do not show any of your abilities to anyone."

Riza nodded. This man, Aegus Nestoris, had been very kind and patient with her, staying by her side for days, and for this she was willing to do whatever he asked of her in gratitude.

"I also recommend that you go see Ingressus. You'll be living with him and Achillean for now. He was the one who saved you," he said while standing up. "He should be sparring with Achillean right now. If you go through the woods you'll find them. Be careful, though," he cautioned, giving her a stone sword. "There are many beasts roaming through the woods at this time, and I request that you three come back in about an hour."

"Alright, Master Aegus. I'll bring them both back in an hour."

As Riza walked through the city, she saw children pointing and staring at her, probably wondering who she was and where she was going with a sword. Not wanting to draw attention, she put the sword in her inventory and walked towards the woods. It was almost dark, which meant some of the undead may try to attack. She should hurry, grab the boys, and go back into the city.

She heard the sounds of wood hitting wood as she neared a clearing. It was now dark, as the sun had gone down a few minutes ago. She leaned against a tree trunk as she finally came into view of the sparring Ingressus and Achillean. She recognized Ingressus immediately,, for the weird aura she sensed around him was still there; so it hadn't been a hallucination. She saw Ingressus fighting with an enchanted diamond sword and Achillean, she assumed, fighting with a wooden sword. A bit unmatched in her opinion. She picked up on a low growl near the edge of the clearing and was immediately on alert, drawing the stone sword that Master Aegus Nestoris had given her. The two fighters seemed unaware of the growl or her presence.

She heard the growl again, much closer this time. She could see the outline of a skeleton drawing it's bow. She quickly dashed into the clearing, blocking the arrow with the flat of her sword. She could now see a few zombies, too, and the skeleton nicking his bow with another arrow. She quickly disarmed the stunned Ingressus and ran towards a tree, gaining enough momentum to run a few steps along the trunk an arrow missing her as she flipped and swung her swords around her as she landed, beheading multiple of the zombies and the skeleton.

"You're a dimachaerus," exclaimed Ingressus in shock. There had only been one dimachaerus he knew of... Riza. Even the champions weren't skilled enough to wield two swords at the same time. Granted, she was still only in training when she died, but she was the best fighter he knew, with the exception of Master Dominus and Tygren. Come to think of it, this girl looks a lot like Riza...

"Dual-wielder," Achillean corrected. "We call them dual-wielders here. Ingressus has been on a long excursion with traders, so he doesn't know certain vocabulary terms," he unnecessarily explained.

"Oh. Well, I wouldn't know. I lost most of my memories by the time I gained consciousness. Sorry for stealing your sword, by the way," she handed Ingressus' sword back to him. "Ingressus and Achillean, right? Master Aegus told me you guys were supposed to be fighting or fishing here."

"That's right... did he also tell you anything else?" Achillean asked. He wasn't sure if he could trust this newcomer with Ingressus' secret. But if Master Aegus already told her, he couldn't go against his judgment.

"Um... he said to be back in an hour?" she looked at the sky again. "That was maybe about a half-hour ago. We should head back."

"Yeah, let's," Achillean agreed. So apparently Master Aegus hadn't told her about-

"You're not a Nestoris," she remarked to Ingressus. "You have a distinct Voltaris aura around you. Don't worry, though. I'll keep your secret, as long as you don't endanger anyone."

Achillean and Ingressus shared a confused look. She could sense auras? How? Riza ruffled Ingressus' hair as she walked past them.

"We should hurry," she suggested. "Wouldn't want to be caught out here in the dead of night."

They trekked back towards the city, Ingressus and Achillean sharing doubtful looks behind her back. The way she ruffled Ingressus' hair was so familiar, but the only person who ever did that to him was...

"What did you say your name was again?" inquired Ingressus. He knew who she might be, but her attitude was completely different. But her voice was the same, as well as the markings she wore, in a different color than before. It couldn't be. But he never actually saw her die...

"I didn't. But it's Riza. I assume," she answered, holding the necklace with the engraved crystal up for them to see. "Like I said, I lost nearly all of my memories."