The Time Guardians

Long ago, before the events that sparked the Great War, there were Time Guardians that helped the Glaciers write the Walls of Time, manage portals, and even create stars. Apparently the moon and sun were created by the very first Guardian, who spread her knowledge among her pupils. Although she was a Princess of the End, younger sister to King Rendor, she was revered and respected by those of the Nether, End, and Overworld. Because of this, the Order of the Guardians, which she had founded, were blinded to a great threat.

A group of unknown entities from the Nether called the Angels of Death infiltrated the Order and kidnapped the Princess to use for their own purposes. It is unknown what exactly happened, but her body was thrust into a comatose state and legend says that she was buried in the depths of Mount Velgrin. The Angels of Death and the Order of the Guardians were wiped out in the ensuing war. The creatures that roamed the Overworld managed to harness the power of these entities and create portals leading to the End and Nether, and beacons to teleport between cities.

To this day, many scouts have been dispatched to try to find the location of the First Guardian, especially after the death of King Rendor. The End needed another ruler and the kingdoms needed someone to rely on. But Mount Velgrin's climate is challenging to navigate and none have ever returned.

"Creation, Part Two. Second Wall of Time. Updated about 150 years ago. Now why did you want to know about this... Ingressus?" asked Tygren.