Theory

"I have a theory, Tygren," he responded. "Why did Riza have so much power? And is it possible to put some of it into little cubes, similar to songs? Is that even how they are made? And look here..." he pointed to the bottom of the text. "150 years ago. That would have been when she went into hiding after you let her escape."

Tygren looked down in guilt. The only reason why Ingressus hadn't nearly killed him was because they managed to get her back. He looked back at the words, beginning to understand what Ingressus was thinking. "You think... that Riza could be the First Guardian."

"Why else would she have deleted and altered the information on a Wall of Time?"

"Not just this one," Tygren noted. "All of them were altered in some way, making them vague and bungled. I wonder why."

"Wait." Tygren was surprised at Ingressus' tone. He began to walk, scanning the Walls as fast as he could. "Where is she?"

"Well she said she had to do business in the End, but if you want I can call her here using the-"

"No, I mean..." he gestured around them. "Where is she on the Walls?"

--------------------

Riza sliced, stabbed, and whirled. But she was outnumbered. The skeletons shot their arrows, the zombies swung their swords, and the creepers could explode at any time.

She began to use her abilities, teleporting behind the ranks to surprise them. Turning invisible to attack wherever she wants. Using illusions to confuse the army, and even getting to the point of constricting their armor, blasts of bright purple energy could be seen from afar. Sending waves of air concentrated into a force field was one of her abilities. Wave after wave after wave after wave after- fireball? But it was purple, like the kind a dragon would fire.

She stared at her hands, the entire army roasted. A purple light flooded the clearing of the forest she was in, then a sort of mist flew from her. She looked around to make sure nobody saw, then continued running, the unextinguishable flames bright purple behind her.

"Hmm... interesting," murmured a mysterious voice.

--------------------

"I will join your cause," stated Riza surprisingly, a slight purple mist surrounding her. "But I have a few conditions."

"Shoot," offered Hubris. He was willing to take any volunteers.

"You will get these things," she held up her wrist bracers. "Off of me. You will not ask me what happened in the past. You will not force me to fight Voltaris. And I will only kill forces of the Nether. And after all this is over, you will leave me alone."

"Okay, we accept!"

As they shook hands, Ria stormed in. "Who are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Who are you?"

"You're going to have to give me details."

"The Deathsinger and his right-hand man were scouring the Walls of Time just now. Looking for you. So I'll ask you again, who are you?"

"I am Riza."

"That's not the answer I was looking for!" Ria drew her enchanted spear.

She charged, spear held in front of her. Riza dodged, blocking it with her forearm. Upon contact with the enchanted spear, the wrist bracer fell off, leaving a burning patch of skin in its place. As both girls continued to duel, more members filed in, curious of the commotion.

Grek and Onyx lost no time before joining in, making it a 1v3 battle. Grim threw his scythe at Riza, the latter deflecting it and embedding it in the ceiling. Riza shattered her other wrist bracers against Ria's spear as Grim adorably jumped up and down, trying to get his scythe back.

Riza blocked Ria's vertical attack by crossing her swords while Onyx and Grek charged (this would make a cool wallpaper btw; if anybody wants to draw it, then I'll put it here with credit).

"What is the meaning of this?!" a familiar voice boomed as Masani's arrow was deflected by Riza's energy shield behind her. Grek and Onyx paused as Ria and Riza looked up from their standoff. Galleous and Achillean were at the door.

Everyone lowered or dropped their weapons at the sight of the two elders. Riza, however, kept hers in her hands, folded against her forearms just in case.

"Achillean," she greeted. "Galleous. What brings you here?"

"We could ask the same," Achillean responded, fingers inching towards the staff on his back.

"Well, I came here to officially join the cause," she explained. "Hubris here agreed to my conditions, then Ria barged in rambling nonsense about a Wall of Time."

As Achillean looked towards Ria and Galleous talking, Riza's right hand began to flicker. Her short obsidian sword dropped to the ground, creating a clanging noise. Using her other hand, she sheathed them and hugged Achillean for the last time.

"However, I've realized this isn't the right place for me," you said so everyone could hear. "Spies," you whispered in his ear. He stiffened.

Too many people were ready to barge in to watch the short duel with Ria. How many had been listening at the door?

You turned and walked out of the room, through the wall (literally) and leaped above view.

"We're just going to let her go?" asked Galleous. "She could be pretty useful."

"The last thing she wants is to be put into a cage," reasoned Achillean. "Besides, there is no way we can capture her in astral form."

"Wait... that wasn't her?" asked Hubris.

"So she wasn't at full power?" inquired Ria.

"Well, Hubris, it was her," Achillean tried to explain. "But her actual body is somewhere else, probably asleep. Her consciousness was here with us in that form. That's how she was able to walk through the wall. And Ria, that is correct. She wasn't at full power. She was probably at half or less."

Ria was shaken by his words. Riza was supposed to be as good as the Deathsinger in battle without her powers. How could she hope to defeat him when she couldn't even defeat her at half power?

Then it clicked. She wouldn't be fighting the Deathsinger. The Tidesinger was. So it would be up to the Tidesinger to kill the Deathsinger, not her. She didn't have to worry about how to kill the Deathsinger when she had the Tidesinger with her.

"So what was this fuss about the Wall of Time?" asked aforementioned Tidesinger.

Who's going to tell him there's more than one...?

--------------------TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY LUNA AND THUNDERDOME--------------------

Tygren was practicing with Thalleous' sword against hordes of undead. Riza was right next to him, but her attention seemed to be focused elsewhere.

They were separated, and he was backed into a corner with the sword out of reach. Time to use the songs-

The sound of obsidian sinking into flesh was new to him. Nobody could ever make weapons out of obsidian, and yet Riza managed to somehow do just that. As he looked around him, he realized that she had finished off the rest. He groaned and sat up.

"You really should only use the songs during actual battle, not practice, brother."

"I don't want your help," he spat out.

"And yet, you always seem to need it," she extended a hand out towards him, but he waved it away. "Get up. Ingressus wants us at the table."

"Why?" he aggressively asked. He was in a very foul mood today. His beloved sister killed more undead than him.

"He found another Prime Song."

"Which one?"

"Protisium."