Protisium

"The Prime is located in this island near Ardonia," the Deathsinger explained, pointing to the map spread on the table. "We can move and get it quickly, but we need a distraction to prevent the Tidesinger and his new allies from intercepting us." He looked towards Riza, who was wearing full battle armor with spiked shoulders, cloak hanging parallel to her back. She held her helmet at her waist with one arm, which was still burnt from the removal of the wrist bracers. "That's where you come in."

"There are conditions on my assistance, Ingressus," you reminded him.

"Oh, I think you'll be more than happy to attack this place." He pointed to an area on the map marked in red. "From my research, this is where that kid Allister was from."

"You want me to lead an army... to attack... Diamond Heights?" you asked doubtfully. Diamond Heights had nothing to do with his quest for the Primes.

"An illusionary army," he clarified. "The base of those rebels is close by, so this will provide a sufficient distraction and buy enough time for Tygren and I to infiltrate this island, grab the song, and return."

"Just us, my lord?"

"Yes, Tygren. It would be too obvious if we led an army to the location of the Protisium Prime."

"You won't kill anyone, will you? Like you said, it's a stealth mission. Bodies being discovered would certainly draw attention."

"You should be thinking of drawing attention to yourself, Princess," he deflected. "This will be your debut, after all."

--------------------

"Captain! Diamond Heights is under attack! They are requesting our assistance!"

"Everyone, move out! We defend Diamond Heights today!"

--------------------

Riza watched from the top of a magnificent castle as the Knights of Ardonia approached on horseback, catching the familiar glint of a certain staff. Just as according to plan.

A pure obsidian, diadem-like circlet rested on her brow. Her crown. She was dressed in her obsidian armor, which she had enchanted to glow Voltaris red for a certain amount of time, clashing with the glowing purple on her head. There were no other garments to cover her Voltaris markings like there usually was. Attention-grabbing.

The city was already in flames, the armies scrambled. Riza controlled the illusions of hordes of undead, who rounded up the civilians on the ground below her. Kneeling beside her were Allister Evanstein the Second and First.

"Citizens of Diamond Heights, I present to you the commanders of your army!"

Mocking jeers came from the mouths of illusionary Voltaris.

The Knights of Ardonia hopped down from their horses, drawing their weapons. "Wait," Achillean ordered as he locked eyes with Riza. "Something's not right."

It sounded... rehearsed.

"I'm sure they have many more, but let me present to you the only title relevant to me," Riza continued. "Family to a traitor Enderknight!"

Their eyes widened. Allister? A traitor?

"Yes, yes. I know what you're all thinking. Yes, he is a traitor! That is, was..."

"And now his family shall pay the price!" She raised her sword above their heads, not intending to actually kill them, of course. Just to cause a big enough scene for...

"Wait!" There he was.

"Who do we have here? The Tidesinger, ladies and gentlemen! Let's give a warm welcome to him!"

The audience clapped and cheered. The Knights were very confused until Riza decided to let them out of their misery. She waved her hand above her head, dispelling all illusions on the city. The civilians faded, actually being safe but barricaded within their homes. The mobs disappeared, having never been there in the first place. The burning city was actually very clean and sparkly in the sun.

"Huh. That's why I didn't smell any smoke," Ria remarked.

"Wait... if this was all an illusion... why did you do it?" asked Achillean.

"Why, to draw you out, of course. You didn't really think I'd set fire to an entire city and hold a public execution just for you, now, did you?"

Achillean blinked. "I hadn't thought of that."

"Obviously," she scoffed.

"Then why did you want to draw us out?" asked Ria.

"We need to finish what we started. You need more training. Did you know, when I was your age, I had already survived countless blizzards, hurricanes, and other natural disasters? Did you know that I was an expert in fishing, thanks to Achillean?" She was just stalling at this point.

Achillean had been looking around, searching for more Voltaris. "I knew something was off," he muttered. "Where is Ingressus?"

"About time you asked a relevant question. Sadly, I cannot answer that. He isn't here, though. He's definitely not looking for the Prime Songs. He definitely has not found two already. Maybe three. Just what have you been doing in the meantime?"

"I am certain you didn't come alone. Who came with you?"

"Was it Tygren? He still owes me a fight," bitterly remarked Ria.

"Believe it or not, she came here alone," interjected Ingressus as he rode into the city with Tygren.

"Wait... so you used Diamond Heights against us?" Ria clarified.

"I did."

"Well then, shame on you!"

"Shame on me? The three of us could defeat you and your pitiful army right here and now-"

"Ingressus. We had a deal," hissed Riza.

"-but unfortunately, someone doesn't want to fight. So we'll leave." He held out a hand to help Riza onto his horse.

She shook her head, sighing. "I'll just meet you there," she muttered, disappearing into purple smoke.

Everyone blinked. That was all just an illusion?

Ingressus turned to Tygren, who shrugged helplessly at him, then turned and left. Achillean threw his staff at the horse in anger, but Ingressus blocked it using power from his newly acquired Prime.

"Mission failed. Unblock the civilians from their homes and move out," ordered Achillean as he grabbed his staff.