"the truth will always come to light"

Tessa and I were on our way back to my house, well my parents house

Tessa and I were on our way back to my house, well my parents house. I still haven't figured out what I wanted to do yet, but I really like the thought of becoming an influencer.

We had finally arrived. After saying our goodbyes, I walked up to the house.

Opening the front door, I found my parents sitting at the kitchen island and Darius on the couch.

"Where you been?!" André shouted.

"Tessa and I took a trip."  I said casually. 

"You didn't think to tell us or let us know?"  André snarled.

"We were worried."  My mom, Janine added.

"I texted Darius, when he asked where I went." I said setting her bag down.

"All you said was I'll be back soon" Darius quoted and I rolled my eyes

"That wasn't enough, we were worried about you." André said sincerely.

"That's funny" i said sarcastically.

"Why is it funny that I'm worried about my daughter?" Dre said in confusion.

"It's funny 'cause, you don't seem to be worried about your other daughter." I said giving my father dirty looks.

"What?" He said in pure shock.

"You heard me!" I bellowed.

"Is this true Dre?" My mom questioned.

"Huh?" was all Andre could say.

"DRE DON'T FUCKING PLAY WITH ME! ANSWER ME!" Janine raged.

My mom, Janine was one of the sweetest people but when she's angry... that's a different story. You could say my dad had a type.

Essence's mom must have had the same trait and now Ess does too. Essence is such a sweet girl, but I know from firsthand experience, that she is the total opposite when angry.

Now he has two daughters with the same traits.

He shook his head.

"YOU BASTARD!" She shouted.

I watched as my mom paced back and forth. My mom was pissed, i could tell she was on the verge of throwing something. The pacing that she did could only do so much.

"How old is she?" Janine asked looking at Andre.

Andre looked at the floor, "twenty four I think."

"You think?" She said putting her hand on her hip.

"She's twenty five."  I corrected my father.
———

Janine's POV

"You got a picture of her?"  I asked as Skye walked over to her mom.

"Yeah, we took a few pictures. Her name is Essence."  Skye said scrolling through her phone.

I looked down at the image of the two smiling girls.  The picture broke my heart, just thinking about how my daughter and her sister could not grow up together.

"Was this before or after you went to jail for involuntary manslaughter?" I crossed my arms.

Skye and Darius never knew that their dad had been to jail before.  I thought it was better for them not to know, so they wouldn't look at him differently.  But now i couldn't care less.

He stayed silent looking anywhere else but at me.

"Essence told me you killed her mother. You left a note saying she looked too much like her mother.  And it hurt you to look at her. And It pushed you to drink more." Skye said glaring at Andre.

The kids knew their dad had struggled with an alcohol addiction. They didn't know it was that bad though.

"Wow Andre, so you went to jail for about a year and four months, for involuntary manslaughter.  But to find out it was the the girls mother you killed.  And after you got out you left only your almost two year old daughter?"  I said putting it together.

"We missed out on having and older sister cause of you. You left her.... you're weak and a lame excuse for a father. I can't believe I looked up to this nigga."  Darius said finally before leaving out the front door.

Darius and Skye always respected their father. And now... they despised him

_______

Thanks for reading!!Y'all should comment and don't be shy click the vote button😃

Y'all should comment and don't be shy click the vote button😃... if you want 🙃

Let me know if anything is not grammatically correct.... politely😊
(Slowly Editing)