Homecoming...

"Why can't you just go by yo self or we just skip it all together

"Why can't you just go by yo self or we just skip it all together. I wanna go home and chill wit my lady."  East whined.

Home is right, East had convinced me to move in with him after two months since he asked.  I was now around 5 months pregnant.

Today I signed us up for a childbirth/parenting class to help us prepare for our babies.

"As much as I want to go back home and relax. There's no use, we're already here. We have to do this together, so we can get some parenting tips."  I said as he helped me out of the car.

"Yeah, yeah, i just don't understand why somebody else gotta tell me how to take care of my kids" he mugged

I pushed his head playfully, "Bruh that's why they're tips. You don't have to do everything they tell you, it's just helpful."

Pairs of soon to be parents sat on the floor, as we learned new skill that could be helpful to our births and newborns.

I frown and look down at my awful swaddled doll.

I look over to see how East was doing and his was perfect.

How is this nigga doing so well, he didn't even wanna be here.

"Okay class, now it's time to change the baby's diaper. These babies are actually programmed to pee, so the diaper might be wet." She explained.

He sucked his teeth "We just put them in the swaddle, now we gotta take 'em out." East sighed.

"That's how it's going to be with an actual baby" I said unwrapping the baby from the wrap.

"My baby's diaper not wet" he said taking off the diaper.

East lifted the doll up to examine it.

"It must not be broken or something," I said before noticing the on and off switch was set to off.

I switch it on and it instantly shoots water on East's face.

He jerks away from the baby and it topples to the floor.

My mouth dropped and without hesitation I died of laughter, holding onto my stomach.

My laugh and 'the thud' from the baby falling instantly draws attention to us.

The instructor and the rest of the room looked our way.

Oops.

"Essence and David, Is there something funny about changing diapers?" The way she questioned us made me feel like I was back in high school all over again.

I chuckled at her question, um, girl duh. "We're sorry Everly, but the doll just peed on Dave."

I looked back at his drenched face, and he frowned.