❀Tʜᴇ Hᴜɴᴛᴇʀ

Some readers wanted an explanation why The Hunter is obsessed with Eleven, and I'm gonna answer in hopes to mend your curiosity.

I'll be explaining his supposed backstory and then we'll start strolling onto why.

So, if you hate these kinds of A/N's.
Then this'll be boring as fuck.

Also, subscribe to SuperHorrorBro - wouldn't have made this without him.

◼ ◼ ◼ ◼

All of you already know that his face is covered by a filthy sack with a bullet hole in the side, he carries a rusty shotgun and a flashlight which he uses to track his prey - before completely assassinating them, or just leave them to die.

Once he has successfully bagged his victim, he then begins the process of gutting and stuffing them to put on twisted display within his rundown old shack.

He also seems to have a passion for taxidermy, from the developers themselves.

If you don't know what taxidermy implies, it's basically the art of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of animals with a lifelike effect.

You see these examples all around his home. We also know that he does not kill all his victims, at least not right away.

He has held you, prisoner, for an unknown length of time in the basement of his shack.

And we know that he isn't entirely heartless, he brings you food - at least that's what he thinks on how to care for someone else other than himself.

Maybe I'll present some scenes where The Hunter tries to earn Eleven's trust and affection -

Of fucking course, Eleven is a sassy and stubborn little shit so that ain't workin' any time soon.

Looking closer, I noticed his left arm had been sewn back into its original place, and his waist as well.

This supports the theory that they're all in a time loop but in this story, I'm not letting it be like that.

Now, here's his theoretical backstory.

When you escape his cabin, you then see a heart-shaped window on the door of the outhouse here and when looking at the log you and Mono pushed, a heart with an arrow through it is carved upon it.

Hearts represent love, a heart with an arrow through it - of course - represents a broken heart.

So, The Hunter may have lost his family or more specifically - a wife or partner and ever since roamed the wilderness alone and unhappy consumed by his twisted work and slowly becoming lonelier and lonelier in his isolated shack.

He also tries to recreate the family he lost and pose them in his home.

This dinner scene becomes even creepier if you imagine him sitting with them to eat, and maybe starting conversations with them.

Damn, that's fucking sad when you picture it.

Okay, now I resist the urge to make a little fluff with The Hunter. F in the chat, respect to our twisted beloved Hunter. Maybe I'll make Eleven less aggressive.

There are theories that The Hunter may have everlasting life but never recovery or healing.

He tried to commit suicide, shooting himself not living with how lonely he is in the world. But that didn't work. That explains the bullet hole in the sack, it didn't exactly eradicate him but deformed him.

(Okay, I stopped writing for a moment since I was listening to Spotify, and the song 'Bang Bang' came on. That's officially The Hunter's theme song in this book, fight me-)

I'll also like to make it canon that The Hunter is a hopeless romantic.

But seeing as there aren't many girls and... most of the women in the world are... long-necked creatures... and geishas... and tea freaks... and cannibals-

WHO KNOWS, perhaps the developers will formulate new female antagonists.

Maybe he's gay-

A'ight, I think y'all pretty much know the reason why he's obsessed with Eleven.

At some point, he wanted to have kids of his own.

But that's pretty much impossible since he's all alone, and when he found El - he saw that as a chance to be a father.

He just... didn't know how. He's an inexperienced man-

So, when he realized that Mono helped her escape - his mind went way back to his suicidal attempts and his deceased family. That's when he knew that he wanted to start over and get you back, he wanted to make things right.

And, to do that, he needed to kill Mono.

And bang bang, yes ma'am, he died trying.

But as you know, this is a time loop. So - he'll live... I think.

And now that I think about it, I'm starting to regret the fact that I made Bang Bang into Hunter's theme song, because... I searched the meaning of this song uhh-

Anyways, that's all for today! If you have any more questions or maybe there's something I'm missing, I'll answer this time in the comments.

I'm quite the dumb gal.