❀21

Why did he leave a fucking gun in a shed that is wide open for anyone to get in?

Hunter misplaces things all the time which is something he should learn how to avoid, but he couldn't seem to be able to do that - he felt so stupid after the events of him getting shot.

He almost wanted to hang himself from a tree from how foolish he was, why couldn't he just be normal and responsible for once?

I guess there are things you can't rewrite.

After washing his wound with clean water, he stared at himself through his dirty mirror as he scratched his chin - examining the growing hair.

"I need to shave..." Hunter mumbled, sighing to himself as he began to put pressure on his wound before wrapping long bandages around his waist.

It would take almost two weeks for his wound to heal, but of course, he's gone through worse.

After changing his bandages, he felt as if he had enough energy to go hunting for his dinner - Hunter got his coat from the rack and grabbed his gun with a silencer since he felt pretty lazy, not wanting to spend an entire hour trying to catch a single animal.

That was before his telephone started ringing, filling the empty halls - giving Hunter a bit of a fright.

He groaned in annoyance, putting his gun down slowly - and walked towards his kitchen, reaching over the table to grab the handset and placed the speaker near his ear.

"Wha-" He couldn't even phrase a word in when he was cut off by shrieks and cries from his boss, making him flinch and drop the phone.

He cursed at himself and picked it up - hearing the muffled taking of the teacher. "Aur- ah, Ms. Wright? Calm down, I don't understand what you're saying. Breathe."

Silence took over the room, as William waited for Aurora to calm herself down - leaning against the table, wondering what she called him for if it was this urgent.

But what she said next made his heart stop.

"carteR WHAT?! WHERE ARE YOU, I'M COMING RIGHT OVER."

◽◽◽◽

Landing on the elevator gave you shivers as it was just floating in the air with no doors or fences to keep the people inside from falling to mere death, Mono pulled the lever and the rectangular box shook a little before going up.

You were faced with a lock and with nowhere to go, other than go back down to think of another plan since the lock was on the other side of the cage.

"Well heck," Mono pouted and crossed his arms. "Another problem, why does this always happen?"

"Dunno," you snorted while Six just shrugged and fiddled with the buttons of their yellow raincoat. "Maybe we missed something, pull that thing down again."

The elevator went down, and Mono immediately jumped to his left side - frightening you but you realized he landed on a surface, with some planks he could climb on.

"Does that lead up?" You called out to him from below, he didn't respond for a second as you slightly heard his footsteps.