Chapter 10

Three days.

Three fateful days have passed since Sakura Haruno lawfully became the successor of YEE through her late husband's partnership and government officials' persistence.

With zero work experience.

Due to company's recent fall back, the massive workload and incessant demands of mortgagees; the dark circles and stress lines were bound to make an appearance on the pinkette's usually bright face.

She had been working tirelessly the past days, pulling all-nighters when she can and taking extra classes on management and business administration from Guy-sensei. Her sister and Shikamaru (when he's not away on some mysterious quest) also stepped in to assist her once in a while.

Sakura, in practical terms, isn't an efficent learner. However, in educational terms, barely a few have managed to match her intellectual celerity.

"Whatever you do, be proud of yourself."

Her father's voice had been a constant anchor throughout her struggle.

I can make it. I will.

But as she strode through the parking lot, she felt dread settle in her stomach. Nothing seemed out of ordinary; the area deserted and quiet, the familiar green SUV crossover (old and rundown from years of use) which she recognised as Guy's (and the other two, namely Lee and Tenten, who usually came with their mentor). But the dread was present - perhaps, in the bone-chilling breeze of early spring morning or in the way goosebumps appear on her slightly exposed arms.

Sakura blew a puff of air, clutching her gray peplum to her chest (she really should just wear it instead of holding on to it like her lifeline) and pushed the revolving glass doors.

Sakura barely had enough time to relish the welcoming heat of the office before an extremely vexing, dangerously familiar and apparently enraged voice emitting orders to her employees, almost blew her sensitive eardrums.

Gray stilettos clicked unsurely as the young woman entered the common hall, only to falter in her steps. Evidently surprised eyes, large and lush green, stared and stared and stared-

Until the commotion ceased and the reason of her dramatic reaction turned to face her; all in his dark and regal glory, staring her down even from this distance.

Breaking out of her stupor, Sakura blurted doltishly, "W-why.. What are you doing.. here?"

Sasuke Uchiha raised a perfectly sculpted (like the rest of his face) eyebrow, as if she was the biggest moron in the entirety of Konoha.

"Maybe that's why your husband left you - because he couldn't stand your stupidity!"

Her anger flared when he didn't answer and chose to just.. stare at her.

"I asked-"

"I run this place now."

His voice was cold and sharp, like a metal frozen over a course of thousand years. Sakura bristled before taking five angry strides towards the Uchiha.

"Cut the crap! I know you're here to cause trouble. Haven't you already caused enough suffering to me? To yourself-"

To her sheer astonishment, a chuckle - a dark and malicious andsomewhatsexy chuckle - escaped his lips and every single person in the hall stiffened.

"You are way more dumb than I originally thought." He smirked haughtily before his expression turned menacing, "The Uchihas are share holders in this company. And the fact that Ino was my wife, automatically makes me her successor."