Chapter 3

Sakura Haruno had always considered herself a sensible and composed person; a woman who, under any given circumstance, always found a solution to her problems. She was a woman who approached any given situation with rationality and meticulous understanding.

And so, when she found herself staring back into the endless depth of cold onyx eyes, She was rendered speechless - and it unnerved her greatly.

This person was clearly not her husband - despite some evident similarities. During the fleeting interval of stunned daze, bright spearmint eyes darted across the stranger's perfectly sculpted face; dark fathomless eyes, which pierced through her soul, were adorned with long sooty eyelashes and finely shaped eyebrows. Untamed messy hair fell over a proportional forehead (which she tried not to feel jealous of). An artisocratic nose was held haughtily at the centre, as if deeming everyone else inferior. High cheekbones defined the symmetry of his pale face, along wish a chiseled jaw. His scowling lips were a light shade of pink - a stark contrast to his dark appearance.

He was one fine man, alright. She'll admit that much.

As if suddenly aware of her shameless ogling and the uncompromising position they were standing in, the man released her arms and took an immediate step back. Stuffing one of his hand in his trousers' pocket, he scoffed.

"Hn. Watch where you are going."

Sakura was too entranced by his velvety rich voice to notice him leaving. By the time she came back to her senses, the handsome man was already gone and she was left, gaping, amongst the rambunctious crowd.
_______________________________________

Two hours later, her feet were aching terribly and her mind was an agitated mess. She had been constantly moving around the huge airport with Sai in tow: getting through security checks, baggage drops and obtaining a boarding pass. They did not talk much as they hurried through the frenetic crowd, scurrying from one counter to another. At the moment, She was sitting in the waiting lounge, anticipating the departure announcement. Sai had disappeared again to attend a call and had yet to return.

Bidding whatever time she had left, Sakura leaned back against the metallic frame of the chair and closed her eyes for a brief moment. She was going home after three years - the fact made her insides coil with tension and slight fear. How would they react?

"Sakura, please think again--"

"I told you I've already made my decision. Please don't put me in a position where I'll have to reconsider my bonds."

"Daughter, He is not deserving enough of you."

"That is not for you to decide, mother."

"If... If you have already chosen this path, I won't stop you."

"Leave."

A treacherous lone tear escaped her eye as Sakura relived the most painful memory of her life. She had been foolish to leave her family for a man who constantly denied her the time and love he promised her.

However, She didn't regret her decision; neither will she ever regret the insane amount of love she had given her husband. She was a fool, sure. But - She was a fool for love.

A gentle swipe of someone's thumb brushing her stray tear interrupted her internal turmoil and Sakura gasped, bleary green eyes opening to clash against black emotionless ones. Time seemed to suspend for an excruciating instant as her teary gaze locked with her husband's blank one. Sai seemed supposedly apathetic to the world but to Sakura, the downward tilt of his pale lips and the barely obvious furrow of his brows screamed otherwise.