Chapter 8

Skye POV
We were all paired up in groups two except for one pup who have to pair up with Hope. The two pairs are Zuma and Rocky then Me and Chase last Marshall and Everest. Rubble will practice with Hope which worry most of us him especially. I was so happy to be partners with Chase. But I need to remember that this is training. I need to not let my feelings get in the way.

Chase: Glad to be partners with you Skye

Skye: Y-Yeah me too

Hope: Ok you got your group now each of you need to practice fighting each other you can start off slow or you can-

Before Hope could finish Zuma and Rocky already start battling. Zuma try spray Rocky with water but Rocky form a bubble shield around him blocking the water and roll away. Zuma chase after him with a tiny wave he made and went after him. We were all surprise that those two already started.

Marshall: Wow those two are something

Pups: Agree

Hope: Now let all of you do the same Rubble come with me

Rubble: Ok

Rubble and Hope left them the rest of us started battling we didn't go hard we start off easy. Chase went really easy on me he keep asking me if he went to hard. It made me blush how much he care for me.

Chase: Skye are you sure your okay

Skye: Chase yes I'm fine you didn't even use your powers at all on me yet

Chase: Sorry i-it's just that I almost hurt you before with my powers

Skye: You still holding onto that Chase I said I forgave you already

Chase: I know but I'm scared of hurting anyone especially you Skye

My heart was pounding of what he said he really does care about me. I should tell him how I feel. No I can't it will distract him and me from defeating Rage I need to focus. But I can tell him I care about him as well.

Skye: Chase I know you care about and I also care about you and you need to focus on our training

Chase: But what if-

Skye: Nothing will happen if you trust yourself Chase just breath and go slow for now

Chase take a deep breath in then a deep breath out. He look way more calm now and smiled at me. I'm glad I could calm him down maybe I should be with him during the battle against Rage. J-Just to calm him down n-not anything else at all yup.

Chase: (blush) Thanks Skye I needed that

Skye:(blush) Anytime

Everest POV
Can't believe I'm partners with Marshall he just so cute. But I need to focus not to get my feelings in the way. Me and him are battling normally and slow. We both are using our powers equally. But then I throw an ice ball at him and it explode and cover Marshall face with frozen ice. He then fell on the ground which made me scared. I quickly ran to him scared that I hurt him or worst.

Everest: MARSHALL are you ok I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that

Then he move his paws to his frozen face and use his powers to melt the ice off his face. He then showed he is alright. He then smiled at me which made my heart beat in a way.

Marshall: I'm fine Everest no need to worry but that move was awesome

Everest:(blush) Thank you

Marshall: Now let's get back to training

Before he got up he noticed we are holding paws and I think he started blushing I did too. We then let go and got up blushing embarrassed to say anything.