Chapter 1 : A New Beginning

She buttons up her blue uniform, slipping her black slacks up carefully around her waist. She never would have thought that her career as a correctional officer would bring her to one of the most remote prisons in America; Glensdale District Correctional Facility. (Y/N) and slicked her hair back so it was up and out of her face. She looked into the full body mirror hanging on the room of her wall. She looked at herself, admiring how strong and bold she looked with her new uniform.

"Damn babe!" said (Y/N)'s  fiancé, Kaleb, slipping his arms around her waist, leaning his face on her shoulder. He hugged her tightly, while thinking of the last 6 years they had spent together. Ready to finally seal the deal and have (Y/N) by his side forever.

"Kaleb, stop!" (Y/N) said while laughing. She leaned her head on his, and accepted the embrace experience pure bliss for a few short seconds.

"I have to go, Kay," she said softly.

"Alright, (Y/N)." he said with a defeating tone. Almost immediately followed with a hopeful one. "Please have a first good day, okay? Don't fall in love with any prisoners," he teased.

The 2 laughed together as they said their final goodbyes before her first day at the new job. She had a twinkle in her eyes while making her way to Glensdale.

• • •

After all the tedious training and orientation, (Y/N) was finally ready to make a name for herself as a Glensdale Officer. 'What a title,' she thought to herself. The head warden, Frank Warrens, walked her to the section of the prison she would be overseeing the most.

"Y'know, we finally caught that one feller that's been all over the news the past few years," he said in a thick southern accent.

"Who? Andy?" (Y/N) said laughing.

No way in hell did Glensdale host such a criminal. 'Andy Biersack? Most wanted drug lord in America?' (Y/N) thought to herself. She recalled seeing news headlines about Andy Biersack, never believing he'd be caught after hiding for so long.

"Yes ma'am, Andy Biersack. He' ll actually be staying in the wing you're overseeing. They're getting him set in the system as we speak," said Frank. He said it seriously, but also calmly.

While walking to the east side of the prison, Frank and (Y/N) passed the room where they process incoming inmates. There sat Andy, handcuffed by the wrists and ankles, joined by 2 other guards. The only thing separating Frank and (Y/N) was the brick wall and glass window peering into the waiting room. Frank motioned his head, nodding into the waiting room. (Y/N) looked in and her eyes widened slightly. 'Holy shit, that's him,' she thought. Andy's head hung down, slouched over almost in between in legs. Frank and (Y/N) stopped for a brief second to look into the waiting room. Even in complete silence, they both shared the same wonder and shock at how the man they've seen so much on the news over the years, was sitting right in front of them. Frank started to walk again, continuing towards the west side of the prison. (Y/N) started as well, following behind him, eyes still looking into the room. Andy lifted his head up and for a brief moment, locked eyes with (Y/N). Even for those few seconds, Andy smirked, and (Y/N) looked away and walked faster, catching up to Frank's side.

• • •

"How was your first day, babe? Tell me all about it," said Kaleb. He hung (Y/N)'s jacket on the hook they had in their little home. The orange tinted lights felt so dim in the nighttime. He watched her undress from her uniform and slip into his boxers and a shirt that was 3 sizes too big.

"It was good, just a lot of orientation stuff today," said (Y/N) in the middle of a yawn. Her feet hurt so much! While transferring between prisons, she had time paid off for a couple weeks and hadn't stood for that long in a little. She jumped on the bed.

"My boss, Frank, has a really cool accent and this really cool grey beard. I can really see myself working there," she said hopeful.

"That's really great, babe! Tell me about the inmates, are they like scary n stuff? I hear Glensdale is like really scary n shit," Kaleb said, genuinely very interested.

"Oh shit yeah! Andy Biersack got put in Glensdale."

"No fucking way," said Kaleb laughing.

She nodded to confirm her words. They laughed together, and she spoke more of her orientation and the premise of the prison. She drifted off to sleep in the middle of her words, Kaleb hugging her in his arms before eventually doing the same.