Chapter 2: Almost Regrettable Peek

(Y/N) had been working at Glensdale for a couple of weeks now, and Frank and the other coworkers training her had already decided she was experienced enough to go on her own. Frank saw (Y/N) as a quick learner, although he remained slightly nervous that the remote aspect of this prison would interfere with how she works. After all, this was the first time she had ever worked in a maximum security prison. (Y/N) had gotten to know some of the inmates so far - most would make sexual remarks about her. She kept her head high and didn't let them stop her from being professional. In past prisons, she experienced similar things anyways. She knew how it goes. By this time she had learned where the cameras in the prison were, and how she had to remember to stay in surveillance areas in case anything went wrong. She knew in prisons -especially overseeing men- cameras were her biggest friend.

• • •

Standing on the side of the unit, watching the inmates, a man emerged from his cell. A rare man, you could say. Andy Biersack. He hardly came out of his cell unless it was for the meals they'd hand to everyone. He walked out, and seemingly enough, the other inmates didn't seem to care at all. They chattered away with each other quietly as Andy made his way across the unit. (Y/N) watched him as he walked, eyeing all his features. His sharp jawline, his piercing blue eyes that seemed to bounce off his dark black hair. His tattoos that spread up his neck and down on his arms. His stoic, maniacal energy was so strong, (Y/N) could almost feel it on her lips. Lost in a daze, (Y/N) started to think about what that energy would actually taste like. 'Feels like it would taste like cigarettes, chains, and firewood' she thought to herself.

She snapped out of it almost instantly. 'He's a criminal, (Y/N),' she thought, correcting herself. 'The only thing I should associate him with is murder and hard drugs.' and with that, she went back into her guard mindset. Even then, there was just something about Andy that she couldn't get out of her head. She just couldn't quite put a finger on what it was.

• • •

(Y/N) looked up at the clock on the wall. 'Just a few more minutes to go.' she thought to herself, relieved. She decided to do one more walk around the unit before clocking out for the day. She walked past the cells peering in to see that the inmates were all behaving. In Glensdale, all the inmates had their own small cell. No sharing. No contact with each other. Solitary confinement in a sense. She got to one of the cells and stopped at noises she heard. She leaned in closer to the door, nor daring to look in. Heavy panting, and wet sounds were echoing softly in the cell. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she realized what the inmate was doing in his cell. 'Oh my god. Oh my god. I have to look. But i don't want to look' she thought to herself. It's not the first time she's seen this. She's been a guard for a while now, and she's seen MUCH worse. However, she got a weird fluttery feeling in the pit of her stomach when she realized the inmate in the cell - Was Andy.

She paused for a moment. 'Okay (Y/N). This is part of the job. Check on the inmates before leaving. You can do this' she thought. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, and peeked in for just a fraction of a second. There sat Andy on his metal frame bed, moaning softly, breathing heavy, and touching himself. This was not the first time (Y/N) had seen inmates something like this, but seeing specifically Andy in such a state was so shocking to her. She looked away quickly and continued walking to check in the next cell. She felt her face flush, and she felt hot. 'Holy shit' she thought to herself. When she finished with her final task before clocking out, she walked out to her car quietly. She replayed Andy in her mind over and over, almost subconsciously. She rubbed her eyes, sighed, and headed home.