Chapter 10 : What Have I Done?

Kaleb sprawled across the couch in the living room, lazy posed as the news on the TV was turned on for background noise. (Y/N) made some popcorn, with her ears listening to the TV in the other room. She didn't quite pay attention until she heard a voice speak a familiar name.

"Young victim by the name of Seraphiel was found dead in his Arkansas home. Police have reason to believe this was a premeditated attack, although there have been no leads confirmed as of now." said the news reporter.

(Y/N) poked her head into the living room to see pictures of Seraphiel flashing on the screen. Her heart sank.

"Oh my god..." (Y/N) said quietly, lifting a hand to her mouth.

Kaleb caught her and in a moment of confusion asked , "Babe, are you okay?"

She blinked the tears out of her eyes. "Yeah, i'm okay. I just... thought I recognized them for a second. I think I saw them at the conference... or someone that looked like them at least." she said trying to keep her composure.

Kaleb nodded and replied, "That makes sense. Is that popcorn ready, babe?"

She nodded and brought the popcorn out to him. She was there physically but mentally she was off in a different universe just wondering if she had anything to do with the death of Seraphiel ...

• • •

Next day at work (Y/N) couldn't stop thinking about how she could possibly be at fault. 'I wasn't even there for a week... how could i have possibly been involved? Unless... fuck. I don't know' she thought to herself. The face of worry was plastered all over her face, and she didn't mean it to be. 2 coworkers had asked if she was feeling alright. She was keeping watch out of the unit, scanning the people sitting down in the recreation area when her eyes met with Andy's. He was trying to get her attention by widening his eyebrows and looking towards the phones. Almost telepathically, like a cosmic connection, or a message sent from god himself - she understood exactly what he wanted her to do. (Y/N) made herself by the phones where the other inmates were calling their families. She stood there pretending to 'keep guard' and soon enough, when the phones had cleared out, Andy came to 'use the phone'. They both talked quietly as to not draw suspicion to the other inmates. Andy pretended to talk on the phone and (Y/N) pretended to face in a slightly different direction.

"Hey pretty girl... " Andy said to (Y/N).

"Hey..." she said back.

"You look beautiful today" he said.

(Y/N) kept thinking about Seraphiel. She didn't have the mean to hold back and talk about anything else.

"Did you hear about Ceraphiel? I- They showed on the news last night.." she said softly with the worry quivering her voice.

"I took care of them, beautiful. Don't worry. They won't have the option to take you from me anymore" he said softly in a dark, snarky tone.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as the reality of her involvement in the death became clear. "What do you mean ' take you away from me '?!" she tried to stay quiet but raised her voice just a little.

"Hey hey.. calm down. They kissed you knowing you were mine. They crossed the biggest line..." he said quietly again.

(Y/N) started to get into hysterics. " Oh my god i feel sick..." she said. She ran out of the unit and down the hall to the guard bathroom. She vomited in the toilet and started to cry. 'Oh my fucking god. I should have never told Andy... I fucking killed someone! I fucking killed someone..." She vomited 2 more times, out of sheer disbelief and a sense of self hatred.

After about 20 minutes she heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Hey, (Y/N) are you okay? The other guards told me you ran in here looking sick..." said Frank sternly.

"Oh yeah, I'm okay.." said (Y/N) sniffling and trying to wipe away tears. "I think my lunch might have given me food poisoning or something. I'm so sorry about this" she said tryin for force a laugh.

"You can go ahead and go home now, (Y/N). Get rest and we'll hopefully see you the next shift" said Frank kindly.

"Thank you so much." she said back gratefully.

After a few more minutes, she got herself up and headed back home. Without saying a word to Kaleb, she went straight to the bedroom, took off her clothes and crashed into her bed to fall asleep. The tears had tuckered her out.

• • •

She was in a field of green and yellow flowers. The field seemed to stretch for an eternity in all directions. She looked around and could see no point of end. The sky was blue and bright, just soft fluffy clouds.

"(Y/N)?" said a voice from behind her. She felt no need to rush, no need to feel scared, just some strange sort of calmness. She turned around and saw Seraphiel. They were dressed in white and had some transparent, shiny things behind him that resembled wings.

"I guess Arkansas Angel has a knee meaning, huh" she said. He laughed.

They both sat in the grass and yellow flowers in silence until suddenly the sky turned a dark grey and it started to thunder. A sudden panic and fear swept through (Y/N)'s body, and she latched onto Seraphiels arm for comfort.

"This is how it was for me when I died. I was all alone." they said and they vanished into thin air.

She was left in a field with now wrong flowers, horrible dark skies, and the most debilitating sense of fear ever experienced.

She woke up in a cold sweat.