Chapter 8 : Drunken Encounter

(Y/N) retraced her steps back to the gas station. Walking back into the poorly lit store, her eyes took a second to adjust. Bones was at the front register, and she walked up to him slowly.

"Do you know any motels around here? I guess I didn't plan my stay as well as I could have." she said a little embarrassed.

"Im afraid you're out of luck." he said in a friendly manner. "The only motel around here has been abandoned for 6 months now. I think the only person around here that takes people in is Seraphiel."

(Y/N) sighed quietly and looked to the side. 'Fuck. Andy said I shouldn't accept anything from them...  I really don't feel like sleeping in a car in this neighborhood though.' She thought long and hard for several minutes, her silence taking up what seemed like a copious amount of space. Bones let her think in silence, realizing the possible implications with Andy if she had to stay with Seraphiel. She closed her eyes and realized that she'd probably be safer at Seraphiel than on the street for the next 2 days. She let out an exhale and nodded her head.

"Hey... I can tell you're a good person. Not a lot of those around here, these days. Take this, and maybe Seraphiel will go easy on you." said Bones. He motioned that he'd be right back and he went to the back room of the gas station and came out with another small brown paper bag. "Give this to Seraphiel. I can't promise they won't bother you later, but this will soften the blow a little." Bones handed the bag to (Y/N).

"Thank you. I appreciate it." she said genuinely. She made her way back to where she came from, the house with the spray painted door. The sun was blocked by clouds and the wind began to get chilly. She shivered the whole walk back and when she reached the door, she knocked gingerly. Seraphiel opened the door, smoke coming out from the inside to the out. The smell slapped (Y/N) across the face. The wet-sock, skunky, comforting smell of good weed.

"Oh, you're back so soon?" Seraphiel said snarkily. (Y/N) stuck the brown bag up, and looked into their eyes pleadingly. She didn't have to say words, but the question of asking for a place to stay was clear as day. Seraphiel chuckled and opened the door and stepped aside, motioning for (Y/N) to come in. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. She knew it was Kaleb. 'I'll answer in a second' she thought to herself. Both her and Seraphiel walked in the house in silence. They walked down a hall into the farthest room.

"You can stay in here, love." they said flirtatiously. "The goods in the brown bag was lovely, but I'd like one more thing if you're going to stay here."

(Y/N) looked at then confused, but paused so they could continue talking.

"Just have a drink with me tonight." they said, smirk planted on their face. (Y/N) and then locked eyes and she finally really looked at their face for the first time. They had gorgeous black eyes, and the neon light in the house bounced off them like mirrors. They had a strong jaw, and nice, pretty eyebrows. The curls in their hair were super tight, and it swept across their face like side bangs and the rest was tied up in a bun. She nodded in agreement. If this is what she had to do get a place to stay, she'd do it.

• • •

She locked herself in the room she was staying in, thinking maybe god would let her stay in this house with zero problems. But it almost seemed like Seraphiel had some connection with the universe. He could control fate at will. After hours in the room, texting Kaleb, (Y/N) heard a knock at the door. She checked the time on her phone. 11:20. She texted Kaleb a quick goodnight message as Seraphiel spoke.

"Hey, love. Drinks are in the kitchen. I'll be waiting." they said behind the door. She heard their footsteps walk off and she sighed in nervousness, getting ready to have this drink with Seraphiel. She walked out into the kitchen, and Seraphiel had already poured themselves a glass of alcohol. (Y/N) could tell they were a little buzzed. She sat on the counter next to them and poured herself a small amount.

"Woah, love. You can drink a little more than that " they said. Everything he said sounded like a flirt, and she couldn't tell if it was intentional or if it was just the way they talked. She poured herself a little more. The scotch was strong, but also somewhat sweet. Very delicious, and the burning in her throat seemed almost satisfying. 'Fuck it.' she thought. If she was going to drink, she was going to drink. She poured herself another glass, and after 30 minutes of silent drinking, she felt her self feel droopy and heavy. Seraphiel was droopy and heavy too. Both drunk and alone. Her vision was blurry and at moments it almost looked like Seraphiel was Andy.

Seraphiel placed a hand on her cheek. Kissing her cheek softly. She put a hand in their hair, the butterflies in the very pit of her stomach beginning to form. Their cheek kiss turned into neck kisses. Vision blurry, and thoughts impaired, the kisses felt just like Andy's. "Andy~" she moaned quietly. Seraphiel bit and nibbled at her neck before cupping her face for a make out. She kissed back, willingly. They both, booze on their breath, kissed sloppily. She felt sleepier and sleepier, and phased in and out of their kiss. Soon enough they were swigging from the bottle in between kissing. Until she passed out cold.