~Part 13~

One last try

I'm giving life one last try.

I was stood at my locker. So many thoughts racing around my head. Too many to count

"Hey." I heard from behind me. I turned and saw Hiccup walking up to me, he began taking his bag off his shoulder and unzipping it.

"Hey." I greeted.

Hiccup then pulled out a tape recorder along with a microphone connected to it. "There you go. As requested." He said, handing it over to me.

"And it-" I started "just, like the tapes at my parents store, it just records on them?" I asked, flipping the recorder around in my hand.

"Yeah," He answered, "Like a voice text on your phone only with way more style. May I ask what the project is?" He questioned.

A part of me panicked, I hadn't really thought this far ahead. "Just this stupid thing." I stumbled out. "Do you mind if I keep it for a few days?" I asked.

Hiccup nodded "Keep it as long as you need. By the way, I spoke to Merida yesterday, she said she's planning on coming down in a few weeks, wanted to know if you wanted to hang with us. I was gonna ask Jack too." He said.

I hadn't spoken to Merida in so long, I knew that I probably wouldn't speak to her anytime soon as well. But I faked a happy smile and nodded at him. "Nice," He cheered. "See you in fifth?"

"Yeah, see you. Thank you." I called to him as he walked away.

I recorded 10 tapes.

I started with Flynn...

And then Meg...

Who each broke my heart.

Peter and Anna...

who each helped to destroy my reputation.

On through to Naveen...

Who broke my spirit.

Through tape number 10.

Hans Southern...

Who broke my soul.

But a funny thing happened as I finished number 10.

I felt something... shift.

I had poured it all out.

And for a minute,

Just a minute,

I felt like maybe I could beat this?

I decided to give life one more chance...

But this time I was asking for help.

Because I know I can't do it alone. I know that now.

I headed into my parent's store, we sold little things everyone might happen to need. My mother was listing stuff down on her clipboard whilst my dad was counting the money from the cash register. "Morning!" I said as I walked in.

"Good morning, sweetie-" My mum started, she looked over at me and looked me up and down "You look radiant today." She beamed.

I scoffed slightly "I do not." I said, chuckling slightly. "Can I grab one more cassette tape for my project?"

"Yeah go ahead." She answered.

I went over to the tapes and grabbed one. I glanced behind me and saw that neither of them were looking and then quickly grabbed a pair of razors and stuffed them in my bag.