~Part 2~

Previously

Jack placed the tape in to play side number 1. He shut it and pressed play...

And now...

Jack waited for any noise to come on. He knew the boom box was working, he could see the tape rolling yet there was no sound. Until a voice spoke.
Hey,
It's Rapunzel. Rapunzel Corona.
"Holy shit" Jack mumbled to himself. It can't be her. Someone must be playing some sick joke on him.
That's right. Don't adjust your... whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me. Live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore and this time absolutely no requests.
It must be her. Jack sat there and listened to every word she said. Thousands of thoughts were going around Jacks head. He was too confused and shocked to think straight.
Get a snack, settle in. Because I'm about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically why my life ended.
And if you're listening to this tape.

You're one of the reasons why

Jack looked up. What? No! He didn't do anything! At least as far as he knew. Rapunzel wouldn't do that to him. She was too sweet and caring to put anyone through this. He was broken when he found out what she did. And now this? It was too much for him. Memories of the times he had spent with her came flooding back. All the times she would laugh at his jokes and all the times she would blush when he complimented her. He couldn't stop the thoughts running through his head.

Suddenly Jack felt a hand on his shoulder.
"What you listening to?" Jack jumped up in shock knocking over his stool in the process.

⏮▶️⏩⏺⏏️⏸

He paused the tape quickly and quite violently, pushing a few other buttons in the process. He turned around and saw his mother stood there. "Mum! Oh my god! Don't- don't scare me like that!" He said loudly, still recovering from his mother's scare.

"I'm sorry, you seemed lost there," his mother began saying. Jacks mother was a very caring mother. She was protective of her son but he was still free to do what he wanted. "Whatcha listening to?"

"Er, er...." Jack stuttered quickly, lost for words. He scrambled through his mind trying to think of something quick. He couldn't tell his mother the truth of the tapes. "History project" he said. He mentally slapped himself after saying that. What a cliche move. "Which I'm really far behind on," he began and started picking up the boom box quickly dropping it in the process "shit!" He said without realising.

"Language" his mother said. Surprisingly calmly.

"Sorry- I just gotta, er, I'm gonna-" Jack stuttered frantically picking up all of his things including the boxes of Rapunzels tapes.

"Honey!" Jacks mother stopped him. "Slow down. It's just homework" she said reassuring him.

Jack stared at her for a moment to collect his thoughts before nodding. He turned and was about to leave before his mother stopped him again. "Jack?" She called. He turned back around to face her. "Jack the school called again today..." she started.

Jack knew what it was about and scoffed. The school had called enough times. "Of course they did." He muttered under his breath.

"So if there's anything you want to talk about..." she said again knowing her son was sick of hearing it again.

"Mum I barely even knew her." He lied. It pained him when he would say something so far from the truth. In fact he knew her very well, one could say too well. He knew her little habits such as biting her lip when she was painting, how she would take any opportunity to walk in bare foot and how she would always mumble along to her favourite songs (instead of singing with her beautiful voice because she was so shy about it)