~Part 10~

Sometimes...

Things just happen to you. They just happen. You can't help it. But it's what you do next that counts. Not what happens... but what you decided to do about it.

And I've made some very bad decisions in my life. As you know.

I told you there were more stories about what happened on the night of Meg's party, so here it goes.

*Jack's POV*

"Jack!" I heard a voice shout. I was heading away from Meg's house, I had to get out of there quick. "Hey, Jack?" I heard again. I turned and saw Aladdin coming up to me. "Dude, you're leaving?"

"Yeah," I said simply, Aladdin could clearly tell that something was up but decided to ignore it anyway.

"It really looked like shit was happening for you in there..." He started with a smirk.

I stopped him before he carried on "I don't know man... I never know." I shrugged.

Aladdin chuckled "That's why you got me, dude." I sighed and looked down. "Look, whatever happened in there, just give her a minute. Then go back in and find her." He tried to persuade me.

"Nah man, I'm off home." I began to walk away but he stopped me once more.

"Just hang with me for a while, I'm going for a beer run in a minute."

I raised my eyebrows at him in surprise "You're driving?" I asked whilst nodding to the cup in his hand.

He took a big swig of whatever drink he had before answering. "It's coca-cola, my friend. Two beers, two hours ago. I'm good."

"Thank dude, but I think I'll walk home and consider the wreckage which is my life."

Aladdin laughed "You're a funny guy Jack. We all know most of the girls here would strongly disagree with you." He smirked.

I let out a fake chuckle "So I've been told. See you Monday?" I asked as I slowly back away.

"See you Monday!" He responded and ran back laughing to the rest of the guys. They all saw me leaving and shouted their goodbyes to me.

*~*~*~*~*

I wanted to leave...

But where would I go?

And how would I get there?

I was too weak t walk. Or too weak to try.

And then, an unlikely hero came my way.

"Hey, you need a ride home?"

I looked at the voice and saw a black-haired girl standing over me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

Moana examined me closer "Hey, you don't look so good. I mean you always look good but like.. you don't... look so good." She stumbled "Look, I can give you a ride home."

"Erm..." I looked around and saw all the drunk cheerleader she had just come from. "How much have you had to drink?"

Moana laughed "Barely anything!"

I raised my eyebrows and she could t that I clearly didn't believe her. "Ok, watch this." She gave me her bag and went into the crowd of people, waving her hands for them to all make room for her. She then proceeded to do a cartwheel in the room which everyone cheered for. "See?" She said as she made her way back to me "Now if I can do that, I can drive home. Come on." She finished and then began to help me up and lead me to her car.