~Part 8~

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you see:                ~~~~~

It means the POV is Jack's in the past. If you're confused please ask.

Kristoff and Jim were each sat on a chair right next to each other. They were facing some other students. Naveen, Anna, Jasmine, Hiro and Jack. Kristoff had a badly bruised eye and several cuts on his face whereas Jim only had a few scratches on his cheek.

Before school had started both of them had got into a pretty serious fight. Jim had nearly ran over some students and Kristoff became very angry with his recklessness and started freaking out. Mr North had broken up the fight and called a student meeting to avoid getting the police involved.

"So, Jim. The case seems pretty straight forward." Naveen, the student president said. "You were the one driving."

"So?" He asked carelessly.

"So the pedestrian has the right of way. That's the law." Naveen said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"He's the one who acted like a fucking psycho." Jim mumbled.

"Hey!" Mr North interrupted, "Watch the language." Jim just rolled his eyes at the teacher.

"And you were the one who was driving recklessly. You could've killed someone. And it's our responsibility to protect the students at this school." Naveen said, taking control of the debate again.

"Protect the students at the school?" Kristoff asked. This was the first time he'd spoken, his voice was deep and he seemed very tired.

Naveen looked him straight in the eye. "Yes Kristoff. The only alternative is to call the police."

"Great." Kristoff said. a little too happily "Let's make a phone call." He finished sitting up in his chair.

"No one needs to make a call." Mr North said, rather urgently. "We can deal with it here."

Kristoff began getting agitated "So anyone can get away with anything in this school and no one gives a fuck?"

"Language, Kristoff, please." Mr North snapped.

Naveen waved his hand to gain attention "What we're saying is that it's no ones fault. Okay? It just happened."

"It didn't just happen!" Jim said, also sitting up in his chair. "Maybe I was driving a little fst but Kristoff lost his shit!"

Kristoff nodded his head "You see? I lost my shit. It's my fault."

"God damnit, hey! Watch your language!"

"I'm trying to take some fucking responsibility!" Kristoff shouted. Everyone was slightly taken back by his sudden outburst. "Since you guys can't" He said looking straight at Naveen.

"If Kristoff says it was his fault-" Jim started but was interrupted by Naveen.

"Doesn't matter what Kristoff says."

"But it was his fault!"

"No it was your fault."

Kristoff joined in "It wasn't his fault!" He said defending Jim for some unknown reason.

"Maybe it's all your fault!" Another voice joined. Everyone went silent. All eyes turned to Jack who was slumped in his chair at the end of the table. "Did that ever occur to any of you?" He stated looking directly at Naveen.

                           *~*~*~*~*

How many of you remember the 'Oh My Dollar Valentines'?