Chapter 1-The Burrow

"Jay, what's your favorite dragon?" Charlie asked, hanging upside down on his bed and looking at me as I sat on the floor with my baby Peruvian Vipertooth, dangling a small piece of meat in front of her face.

    "Charlie, you know I can't choose between dragons. I love them all." I replied, looking at him.

"Yeah, I know. But if you could choose?" He asked, reaching over and stroking my dragon's neck.

"Peruvian Vipertooth," I replied.

"As expected. Don't want Azure to burn you to a crisp."

"Yeah, I don't want you to clean up my ashes."

"But I would take Azure from you if I had the chance." Charlie pointed out.

"I have no doubt about that." I smiled.

"Hey, Charlie. Mum wants to know—" Percy opened the door and nearly flipped out when he saw Azure looking back at him with her bronze eyes. "Get that thing out of here before it kills us!"

"Calm down, Percy. Azure won't hurt us." I placed my hand on the ground and she hopped onto my hand, flapping her tiny wings and perching on my shoulder.

"Crazy dragon people." Percy muttered, shaking his head. "Charlie, Mum want to know if Jordan is going to stay for dinner."

"Yeah. I thought I told Mum already." Charlie said.

"Apparently not. Jordan, is chicken okay?" Percy asked me.

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Cool," he said, going back out and shutting the door.

". . . do you like Fred?" Charlie asked suddenly.

"What? No, I don't. Why? You hear something?" I asked.

He chuckled. "No, I was just wondering. You seem a lot more nervous when he's around."

"Yeah, that's because I don't know if he's going to play a prank on me or not." I said.

"Fair enough." He went silent again. "What about Bill?"

    "Charlie! Knock it off!" I laughed, swatting him over the head and making him laugh.

———

"Jordan, dear, how is Hogwarts?" Molly asked me as we sat at the dinner table and were eating.

    "It's alright. But being a Muggle-born doesn't help." I replied.

    "Malfoy again?" George asked with a frown.

    "Who else." I said, confirming it was him.

    "Hey, if you want, I can always go over there and have a talk with him." Bill said helpfully, nudging my elbow with his.

    "Thanks, Bill. But I think I got it." I said.

    "Okay. My offer still stands, though."

    "I'll keep that in mind." I said, taking a bite of my food and swallowing. "How's you and Harry, Gin?"

    She smiled. "Really good. He and Hermione are actually coming over later to hang out with me and Ron."

    "That's good. You guys will have fun." Molly said to her daughter, looking at me. "What about you, Jordan? Has a boy caught your eye yet?"

    All the boys perked up and looked at me.

    "Yeah, I'm curious." Bill and the twins said in unison.

    I chuckled. "Not yet. I'm trying to pass my OWLs exam."

    "Aw, don't worry about it. From what I hear from Freddie, you're making top marks. Well, almost top marks." Bill said.

"Yeah. Hermione is about to have her downfall." Ron said.

"Haha, no. Have you seen Hermione when she's angry? It's almost as terrifying McGonnagall." I replied.

". . . Yeah. Probably best not to get her angry then." Ron said.

    "Anywho, have any of my boys and girls found dates to the Yule Ball?" Molly asked.

    "I'm going with Neville. Harry's fine with it, I asked him." Ginny said.

    "I'm just going stag with Harry." Ron said.

    "Freddie's going with Angela." George said.

    "Shush, Mr. Can't-Find-A-Date." Fred smacked his twin over the head.

    "Aw, how sad. Hey, George. Let's make a deal. If you and I don't have a date by the end of this week, we go together and raid the banquet table." I suggested.

    "I am so in. Thanks for saving my butt, Jordasaurus." George said, turning to his twin. "See? I have a potential date."

    I smiled. "Well—"

    "Merlin's beard! Get this thing off of me!" Percy said, flailing his arms as Azure sat curled up atop his curly head.

    I laughed. "Azure, okay, that's enough. Get down from Percy's greasy head."

    Azure perked up and flapped her wings, landing on my head and making a nest in my hair.

    "My hair is not greasy." Percy complained.

    "It kind of is." I answered honestly.