Chapter 2-Yule Ball

"Are you almost ready, homie? George is waiting in the Great Hall." Cedric said through the closed door.

"Yeah, homie. I'm ready." I opened the door and he looked at my sparkly red, ankle length dress.  

"If you weren't going with George, I would totally ask you out. You look gorgeous." He said.

I smiled. "Thanks, Ced. You don't look too bad yourself."

He held out his arm. "Shall we, Miss Ray?"

I chuckled and placed my arm through his. "We shall, Mr. Diggory."

We walked out of the Common Room and to the Great Hall; him walking down to greet Cho, and I walked down a moment later.

Luna Lovegood looked at me and smiled happily. "Hey! You look beautiful!"

I smiled and looked at her dress. "So do you, Luna. You'll definitely stand out with that dress."

She smiled and twirled. "My dad picked this out for me. My mum wore this for her Yule Ball."

"Who are you here with?"

"Oh, I'm just here for the pudding. But if someone wants to dance with me, I wouldn't say no."

I chuckled and we walked down the hallway to where the others were gathered around. "I'll save a dance for you, how about that?"

She smiled and hugged me. "Thanks, Jordan! You're the best."

I hugged her back. "No problem."

Luna pulled away and smiled. "Someone's looking hot."

"What the heck, Luna?" I laughed, turning around and seeing George walking down the hall with his twin and Ron.

"They all look dashing." Luna said.

"That they do, Luna." I agreed.

Ron saw me and smiled, running up to me. "Hey there, JoJo. You are looking gorgeous."

"Thanks, Ron. You look . . . Interesting." I said.

George laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. "That's putting it politely, Jordan. He looks like our Great Aunt Tessie."

I snickered. "Sorry, Ron."

"It's fine. I gotta go find Pavarti." Ron said and walked off.

"Well, you are going to turn heads in that dress. Ain't she, Freddie?" George said to his twin.

"Definetly. Looking good, Birdie." Fred said.   

"Thanks, Fred. You too."

"Gotta go say hi to my date. Have fun, you two." Fred walked off and I walked up beside George.

I looked at him and found him smiling at me, holding out his elbow. "Are you ready, m'lady?"

I smiled and put my arm through his, walking through the doors as the and the music started playing. 

"Looks like dancing time." George said.   

"George, you know I can't dance." I replied.  

"That's fine. I can teach you." George replied, putting a hand on my waist, the other holding my hand.

I smiled slightly and put a hand on his back, moving to the soft lull of the music.

"Since when do you dance?" I asked, twirling around in his arms.

"This is kind of embarrassing, but I do dance whenever my family isn't home." George replied with a smile.