Twenty

The day started with us at the hospital for a check up for Lakelyn. He's going steady on his new medication and they think his seizures will start reducing.

After, I'm off to school after dropping the kids at their daycare. Only a few days left of senior year and I'll finally be done.

Speaking of graduating, I wonder if they'll be a prom. I've never been to prom because my last school only let the seniors go unless you were asked.

Maybe Axel will ask me to go. Maybe I could just take Lakelyn as my date. He'd be absolutely adorable in a tux. I'd love to see that.

I walk up the stairs into the building and make my way to the cafeteria. I missed my first few classes because of Lakelyns appointment.

"Hey bitches." I say walking to the table everyone is sitting at.

"Hey girl! How did it go?" Alyssa asks.

"Good actually, they think the meds are working and that he'll start to have less seizures." I tell them.

"That's awesome Mere, we're glad." Axel says putting a hand on my back.

He must love physical touch because I think his hand is always on my back when I'm around him.

"So guys do you have a prom here?" I ask.

"Yeah we do! It's right after graduation. Literally the day after." Renee says to me.

"Oh awesome! I can't wait , I've never been to one." I say while taking a bite of a carrot stick.

"That means we have to go prom dress shopping!" Alyssa says throwing her hands on the air.

"Yes! That'll be so much fun." Renee agrees.

"Hey, I'll come to help you pick them." Brian says winking at me.

"I actually will probably be buying mine off facebook marketplace. I can not afford a five hundred dollar dress." I say shaking my head.

"Well, you can still come try some on, to see what kind of dress style you like." Renee says.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I agree.

We all sit around the table for a while talking about prom before the bell rings.

"Well got to go! I'll see you guys later." Brian says, jogging off down the hall.

I slowly pick up my books as I see Axel standing off to the side.

"Is there a reason you're standing over there all creepy like?" I ask laughing.

He walks over to me and turns me around to face him. "Do you have a date to this prom?" he asks.

"No not yet, why?" I ask.

"I'll have to change that." he says winking and walking off down the hall.

That was odd. Is he trying to be mysterious? I ask to myself. Sounds like he wants to ask me to prom. I could be wrong, but why else would he say that. 

Schools over in a flash and I'm working at the restaurant by four.

It's oddly busy with people at every table we have and people waiting out the door. Which isn't that normal on a Monday night at the restaurant.

I'm taking orders, running food, cleaning tables, working with the other hostess, I'm all over the place.

"Meredith! Table 4 needs ketchup, mind getting it for me?" My coworker asks running past me into the kitchen.

I don't even have the chance to answer her before she's gone. I grab the ketchup and I'm quickly making my way to the table.

As I'm walking up I notice no other then Patrick sitting there with no one other then the girl we saw on his instagram page.

Must be the Fiancé.

"Hi, here's your ketchup, anything else I can help you with?" I ask, giving Patrick a dirty look.

"Meredith! I would like for you to meet my Fiancé Sarah." he says pointing to her, grabbing her hand that lays on the table.

"Hi Meredith! So nice to meet you!" she says reaching for a hug.

I hug her with hesitation before pulling away. "Likewise"

"I'm sure you know why we're in town." she says with a laugh.

"Actually why is that." I ask looking at Patrick.

"We'd like full custody of Rosalie." she smiles.

"You guys aren't even married yet, I don't think it works that way just yet. And it's actually just Rosie." I say with disgust.

"I'm sure I know my own daughters name Meredith. It's Rosalie." he says in a stern voice.

"I can get the birth certificate, but that shouldn't be necessary for you to know her name." I say shaking my head. "Anyways, I'm pretty busy right now, so why don't we meet in a more appropriate location." I say turning on my feet.

I go straight to the break room at the back of the restaurant and start hyperventilating as soon as I make it in the room.

Not long after my coworker hurries into the room asking me questions.

"Meredith! Are you okay? That conversation you just had with those people did not look friendly." she said, trying to get my attention.

I can barely speak as she's trying to get me to sit down.

"The" I hough "guy... is ... my ex." I say out of breath.

"and the woman is his fiancé. They are trying to take Rosie away from me." I cry.

She looks at me in surprise before sitting beside me

She looks at me in surprise before sitting beside me. "I'm so sorry Meredith." she says. I just cry harder at hearing her words.

I really hate how this is going idk how to fix it either. sorry for the late update and short chapter, i am again getting frustrated with my writing idk how to fill things in. here's a short chapter for today. sorry it couldn't be any longer. Comment any suggestions or helpful tips or even your opinion on what's happening in the book. think it could be better? give your ideas! i would love to hear them. also hope everyone is doing ok in this sad time with covid 19.