Fifteen

I wake up to an empty bed. The other side remains cold.

I roll around in bed for a few minutes before bolting up right. The time on the clock that sits on my bedside table reads 7:22. The kids should be up by now, why aren't they up?

I quickly throw the covers off of me and run towards their rooms. When I reach the living room, I look towards the kitchen and there they are.

All three of them sit at the island. Talking and laughing while eating breakfast.

Axel has yet to leave. "What, what are you still doing here?" I ask walking over to where they sit.

"Oh! Mere, I was just about to wake you." He says feeding Rosie her food.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier? Why didn't my alarm go off?" I ask confused

He puts down the food and stands up. He comes to stand in front of me. "Rosie started crying around 6, you slept right through it, so I thought you could use the extra hour of sleep and I could help out this morning." He says smiling.

"Axe, you didn't have to do that." I say reaching up to put my arms around his neck. He puts his arms around my waist in return, and buries his face in my neck.

We seemed to have gotten closer in the past few weeks, and I'm not complaining

We seemed to have gotten closer in the past few weeks, and I'm not complaining. He's also been a big help lately, I don't know what I'd do without him at this point.

"It's the least I could do since you let me stay here. I've been feeling guilty for staying so much at Brian's." He says drawing circles on my back, once again. I think it's my new favourite thing.

"Of course!" I smile, letting go of his neck and backing up.

I walk over to Lakelyn and give him a huge hug. He's been through so much and I've been trying to be as positive as I can. "Hey buddy, did you have a good sleep?" I ask him wiping his face.

"Yeah! I dreamt of turtles! Can we go see turtles sometime?" He asks clapping his hands.

"Of course bud! Whenever I'm off, okay? Why don't you go pick out your clothes for the day!"  I say picking him up and setting him on the ground.

He runs off towards his room in a hurry. He loves picking out his own clothes. I let him too, it's just too adorable.

I walk over to Rosie, she sits in her high chair with a smile on her face. I pick her up and put her on my hip.

"Looks like you've had a good morning too!" I say aloud.

Axel just nods his head as a response from Rosie and moves towards the kitchen.

Just as we start cleaning up, with much protest for Axel not to help, we hear the front door open.

"What's up fam bam?" Brian says sauntering through the door. "Oh hey man, didn't know you were here." He says tapping Axel on the back and going straight for Rosie.

I laugh at his entrance. "Okay Lakelyn come on! Brian's here we got to go to school now!" I yell.

He comes barreling out of his room with his book of dinosaurs. "Is that what you're taking to school today bud?" Axel asks.

"Yup! I bet everyone will love it." He says enthusiastically.

"I bet so too." Axel says picking him up and grabbing his shoes.

Axel and Lakelyn walk out to the truck while I wait for Brian and Rosie. They are just attached at the hip, I'm starting to get jealous.

"You know, he'd make a great dad." Brian says moving his eyebrows in a suggestive matter, while waiting for me to lock up.

"Whatever, Brian!" I say laughing.

"What! You guys already look like a couple." He pauses for a second. "Didn't he stay the night?" He asks quickly.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean anything." I say leading us to the truck.

"Mere! Just think about he says. Opening the door to the truck.

I take a huge breath of air before opening my door. Should I think about? What will happen if I do let him in? Is he even interested? So many questions I don't know if I'm ready for.

Ok this is the worst chapter I've ever written but I've been feeling really bad about not updating. I just wanted to get into the part that I know you've all been waiting for so here it is! I didn't spend much time on it, so it's not perfect in any way, hopefully you guys still enjoy it. I'll be getting into more Interesting things soon! Have a nice night or day or whatevs!!!