Three

First day of my new school. You could say I'm scared. Because I am. I keep thinking what if. I keep thinking of all of the what if's. I'm laying in bed waiting for my alarm to go off. I woke up 15 minutes ago and thought it was pointless to go back to sleep. But I refuse to get up, why would I get up if I don't have to. As soon as my alarm goes off I'm headed towards the shower.

Just as I'm getting out I can hear a cry from across the hall. I put my hair into my towel and wrap myself with one too. I open the door to a louder cry. I quickly head to her room so she won't wake up her brother. "Hey it's okay- I rock her -mama's here." I say. I pop out a boob and sit on the chair in her room. Once she's done I hear little foot steps once again.

Finally getting out of the apartment we finally make it to the truck. "Okay Lakelyn be good today. Mommy has her first day of school and doesn't need a lot of stress." I whisper the last part.

"I'm going to have so much fun! We're making crafts today!" He sings.

I laugh and turn into the parking lot. "Okay have a good day mama loves you." I say to both of them as I pass Rosie to teacher Laura.

"Have a nice day!" She says as I exit the building.

Once I pull into the parking lot of the school my hands start to get clammy. I blow out a huge breath before grabbing my purse from the back and opening the door to my truck and taking a step down. A few eyes glance my way as I get out and start walking towards the doors.

I make it to my first class which is algebra, how fun. I take my seat next to a girl who seems nice. As soon as I sit down she turns towards me. "Hi my name is Alyssa what's your name?" She asks.

"Meredith. It's nice to meet you." I say with a smile.

"Meredith? Oh my gosh greys anatomy! I love that show!"

"Me too! I'm always watching it whenever I get the chance." I say. Starting to warm up to her.

"Anyway, so are you new? Because I've never seen you around here before."

I nod and smile.

"That's cool where are you from?" She asks.

"Arizona, moved down with my family."

Before she could reply the door opened and in walked in the teacher. "Ok class let's get started." He says with a sigh.

I smile at his expression. He eventually turns around and sees me. "Oh a new kid in my class, why don't you introduce yourself." He smiles.

I look towards him, I never break eye contact as I stand up, giving him a look saying  'you know this is unnecessary'. "Hi Im Meredith Myers, I'm 18 years old and I've just moved from Arizona." I sit down crossing my arms looking back at him. He gives me a unsure smile before turning back to the board.

Eventually the class is over. As I'm gathering my stuff, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I look up to see Alyssa. She smiles wide before taking my schedule. I stand there watching as she looks over the paper. "Oh great news, we have almost all classes together!" She smiles.

"Oh wonderful, is this you telling me that we are somewhat friends?" I ask walking out of the room.

"Yes. We have algebra, obviously. History, lunch, gym and child development together."

I look at her then down to my schedule. I don't need child development, I could've used child development when I was fifteen. I don't need it now though. But since I am keeping this secret, I smile back towards Alyssa. "Thanks for telling me Lyss but I've got to go." I say as I grab my sheet and take off down the hall towards the office.