Six

Soon as we get inside the apartment I'm taking Rosie to her room. She's actually asleep before 8 surprisingly. But that means she'll most likely be up in the middle of the night hungry. Not that she isn't most nights, but now it's more likely to happen. At least it's a Friday so we won't have to get up early in the morning tomorrow.

I set her down carefully, before quietly shutting the door behind me. When I walk out I see Alyssa standing there by the front door observing Lakelyn in his natural habitat. Which is playing with his dinosaurs. She seems pretty uncomfortable, or maybe she's just confused. She's actually probably both right now.

"So you're telling me you're a mom?" She asks swiveling towards me.

I nod my head going into the kitchen to grab a snack for Lakelyn and some food for myself. I haven't eaten since lunch and I'm starving.

"Wow, really? I never would have thought."

"Good I don't want anyone to know." I mumble calling Lakelyn into the kitchen.

He comes running in with one of his dinosaurs. I give him a look saying no toys at the table and he puts it down on the floor next to his chair. I then turn towards Alyssa and nod towards the chair across from me.

"Why don't you want anyone to know, they seem so cute and little." She says sitting down.

"In my old town everyone judge me for it, so I decided to just not tell anyone once I moved here. If they find out they find out, but I'm praying nobody says anything unnecessary." I say raising my eyebrows at her.

I think she gets what I'm trying to say because she clears her throat and looks over to Lakelyn quietly eating his food. "So how old are they?" She asks looking back towards me. "You must not be older then 18 right?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm 18, Lakelyns almost three and Rosie is almost one ." I say.

Her jaw drops. Didn't this happen earlier. "So does that mean?"

I nod my head. "I got pregnant when I turned 15 and had him 8 months later, he was early."

"Oh woah. I- I didn't even have sex until last year. It was like the end of junior year."

"Yeah let's just say I was curious. I'll tell you more after I get Lakelyn to bed. One minute."

I take his plate, wash his hands and face then take him to his room. He seemed super tired. He could barely talk. I take him out of his clothes and put his pjs on. After he gets what he needs for bed I tuck him in. "Goodnight buddy, tomorrow we can go explore town. I love you." I say kissing his forehead. He was already out by the time I closed his door and left.

"So do I get more details?" She asks seeing me walk back.

So I explain my life to her. She didn't run which is good. And I think I trust her enough to not tell anybody. I started with getting pregnant with Lakelyn, to his dad leaving us, to Lakelyns seizures, to my parents, to Rosie and her dad, and then how I got here.

"Wow you've been through a lot."

"Yeah, Im surprised I even explained all that to you. My plan of starting over with the kids obviously backfired." I laugh.

"Well you know I'll be here for you. If you ever need a babysitter, or you're working late and can't pick up the kids, or even not feeling good, I can help you. I won't be ditching you if that's why you didn't want to tell me." She says.

Wow. I've never, in my life, have ever had a friend as nice as Alyssa. "Are you sure?" I ask. "I have so much baggage outside of my life in this house with my kids, and I don't want that to make a difference in our friendship."

"Don't even worry about it, the kids seem really sweet I would love to help, and I'm sure my other friends would totally support you on this."

"Wait? You have other friends?" I ask.

"Um yeah? They're twins. Did you think I was a loner?" She laughs with a huge smile etched on her face.

"Well yeah, I've only ever seen you hang out with me since I've been here." I say. Was it a butch move to assume she was a loner. Well there was no signs of friendship outside of our own, so how could I have known.

"Are you shitting me? Where are they then?" I ask laughing.

"There on a trip silly. They went to Mexico like two weeks ago. They should be back in like the next two days." She says rolling her eyes.

"And you really think, they will be totally chill with the fact that I have two children at the age of 18?"

"Yup they are the most supportive people I know. I've been best friends with them since I've been in diapers. I would know."

"I'll have to get to know them first. But tell me about them! Boys? Girls? Both?!" I ask clapping my hands in excitement. I always thought it would be cool to be a twin, or have twins. But you know not for a long time. Like a really long time.

So that's what we did for the rest of the night, or for like a quarter of it. I was passed out by 10. But we talked forever it felt like and I really got to know her, and that's how she is now somehow going downtown with us tomorrow.

Ok friends so I've been reading other books and notice that they do the little ——- when they switch settings but I haven't been so let's just hope that you know when they are in another place. Well you should know by the description but yanno have a nice day! Here's Meredith!!!

 Well you should know by the description but yanno have a nice day! Here's Meredith!!!