Fourteen

We've been home for a few days now. Lakelyn has been pretty good. He's only had two seizures in the last week. Which is a lot for him, but isn't irregular for someone with a new diagnosis like this.

I was told that eventually they will get to be more separated and happen not as often. But will continue to be a part of his life, until further notice.

Brian has been here quite a bit this week, all of my new found friends have been. But Brian has been here almost everyday, he's even stayed on the couch a few nights.

I've been really stressed and he seems to handle Lakelyns seizures the best.

I honestly don't know what I would have done alone. I'm really grateful for them. They have no idea.

"Lakelyn you only have one more week to go before summer. How about we go to school today? How does that sound?"

"Yes! I can't wait to go see my friends and Miss Laura! I bet she'll be happy that I'm okay." He says, sitting up from the couch.

"I bet she will! How about you go get dressed and meet me at the table for breakfast after you're done." I say picking up Rosie from her jolly jumper that sits comfortably in the doorway.

She's getting to the point where she wants to constantly be moving around in the slightest way and this is the best thing I've ever bought. I can let her jump around in that without checking on her every few seconds.

"Ok mama I'll be right there!"

As soon as I enter the kitchen the front door opens on my left. There in all their glory stand Brian and. Axel.

They stroll right in without a care. Brian making a beeline for the fridge. He turns towards me after he has gotten the orange juice.

"Hey there mama how's it going this fine ole morning?" Brian asks drinking straight from the carton.

"It would be great if you'd grab a glass." I say shaking my head turning off the stove, with Rosie on my side.

"Oh! You need one?" He asks walking towards the cupboards.

"No you idiot poor your drink into the cup for yourself." I scold.

"Oh don't worry I'm already done." He says grabbing Rosie from me.

I see Axel snicker sitting at the island. He's having fun watch me suffer. Isn't he.

I look towards him and shake my head.

"So you coming to school today Mere? Do you think Lakelyns ready to go back? We only have one more week to go! Then we're free." He says smirking.

"Yeah we're gonna go today. He's feeling a lot better and I have to pass in all my assignments. I'm so stressed! This just happened at the worst time. I don't know how I'm going to have them all passed in by the end of the week. I don't even know if I have them all finished! What am I going to do." I stutter starting to freak myself out.

Axel gets up from his seat across from me. He circles the table and makes his way towards me. He grabs my shoulders and pulls me in for a comforting hug.

I lean my face into his chest and wrap my arms around his torso. He's so sweet.

"You'll get them done and passed in in no time Mere. Don't stress about it. I'll help you if you need help with anything, okay?" He says.

"Thank you."

Once everyone's ready we quickly rush out the door. Brian and Axel decide to ride with me to school today. We started carpooling recently, the little amount of times that we do get out. So it was just normal for all of us to hop in the truck. Brian always takes the back in-between the kids, he loves teasing them and playing with them. That means Axel is stuck in the front with me. Which doesn't bother me! And I'm sure it doesn't bother him either, or I'm hoping.