Chapter 3: The Siblings

I see myself in a world of destruction, fires spewing everywhere, all life seemingly devoid from the area I'm in. The madness is nearly endless, and the overwhelmingly evil presence almost matches the insanity of this place. Out of the madness, I see a figure, of black and white. Not that of a dog, like the Dalmatians, but that of a person, a Man. He has a very distinct look to him, looking like ME, but essentially looking like what you would see when you take a picture of someone, then put it through a Negative filter. However, this isn't a picture, and the figure is very clearly moving in a round motion, as do I, as I discover myself to be, seemingly measuring each other up.

"So, you got your first day done, haven't you?" The man says.

"What are you talking about?" I reply.

"Your first day, in your so-called 'New Life', as you believe it to be, you managed to finish it, right?" The man says in a mocking manner.

"Yeah, I finished it, it's another day in the world we live in. Is there anything wrong with that?" I say, wondering where this is going.

"It's just that it's impressive you haven't remembered anything....based on everything I've seen from you, I thought you'd realize things quicker. Regardless, I guess you'll find out." The Man says with a malicious tone.

I glare at him in observation.

Suddenly, I begin to feel something from him, a power, a power of which I haven't felt since....that black and white light.

"You?!" I exclaim.

"Oh yes....." the man says with a sadistic smile.

This is the guy who caused my suffering? He brought me here? Did he also wipe my memory? Why? How? The questions are just too much.

Before I can ask myself any more questions, the unique feeling from him intensifies, symbolized by a strange fiery aura coming from his body, causing me to step back. It appears to be a mixture of white and black, all radiating off him, as if he were the strongest guy in the room. Is this the kind of power that allowed him to wipe my memory? If I can feel this much power coming from him, what else can he do? I shudder at the mere thought of his capabilities. However, the strangest thing is, that I'm not too scared, this feels very familiar. It's as if I have done this for years and though my mind may not recognize it after the memory wipe, the experience is engrained into my subconscious, and my body.

The man notices this and looks surprised, "Not as scared as I thought you'd be. Well, considering what's happened so far, this may be the most familiar thing you've experienced so far. Since you've been fighting us for quite a while now."

Fighting? Why does that sound like the most exciting thing in the world right now? Unfortunately, before I can elaborate on that, the man dashes towards me at supersonic speeds. SUPERSONIC SPEEDS?! He lands a punch directly into my abdomen, knocking the wind out of me and sending me flying towards the ground. But before I land, he appears in my path, and grabs me by the neck and throws me into the sky. While mid-air, he unleashes a series of slow, hard, methodical punches into the entire front portion of my body, with the pain feeling worryingly vivid, for a dream.

The man then does a front flip over me and lands an axe kick into top part of my back, launching and spinning me straight to the ground once more, this time, him letting me crash into the ground, causing me great pain to the back half of my body.

How is this guy so fast?! How is he so strong?! How does he know me?! Dammit, I have even more questions than when the dogs started talking....

Funnily enough, even though with all my confusion and pain, I'm kind of enjoying myself. The pain surrounding me feels familiar as well, even more so than the situation I'm in right now. I also find my muscles loosening up, as if I'd finished stretching before a long workout. I soon find myself recovering from the crash slowly, my body aching, but surely, and I stand up to look at the man.

"You know, you're probably the only one who actually has any knowledge of me or my past, or who I am." I say, with the man arching an eyebrow. "But I have too many questions to ask you, so I'll just start by breaking the ice with the most obvious one before you start pummeling me again and giving me some more ambiguous dialogue......"

"Who are you? You look like someone took a selfie of themselves and put themselves through a negative filter." I ask from my previous thought earlier, with my eyes piercing into that of the man's.

The man's gaze never leaves my own, but he does for a moment as if he were thinking for a moment. Suddenly, right as I blink, he reappears a few feet in front of me, causing me to jump in surprise.

"To be honest, I've never been given a fixed name by anyone, usually my Demons just call me 'Boss', or 'Lee'" The man says with a smile. "Though my enemies, such as you, call me 'Negative', as your observant self had dubbed me.