Chapter 22: The Two-Tail Trade, Prelude

Rick

"You gotta move faster than that!" I order.

Dolly and Dylan, being one of the fastest learners of all the puppies, are going at me right now.

I'm giving them the same treatment I did the Dimitris and the Twins, they're doing everything in their power to try and hit me, only to consistently be outmaneuvered by yours truly.

They're teenagers, and they're enhanced already, so in addition to walking and running relatively quickly, they've picked up throwing punches, flinging kicks, all courtesy of the combined effort of my team and I, and Doug and Delilah.

They're about to make a grown man cry with pride...

Dolly throws a punch at me that I sidestep, alongside the swing kick from Dylan. I even go as far as pulling off some finessing moves when they throw simultaneous kicks at me, but I fling myself back, landing on my back. I kick myself up and dodge the next two kicks they throw at the same time.

I look at them again.

"Stop trying to hit me and HIT ME! OOF!!"

I try to encourage them a little more, only to get slightly psyched out by Dolly, who appears initially to go for a kick, but somersaults and slugs me right in the face, followed up by Dylan, who kicks me away, launching himself off me and landing gracefully.

Dang, taking a page out of my book, huh?

I recover quickly and stare at them with pride.

"Already pulling out those deadly acrobatics, huh?" I compliment Dolly and Dylan.

"Hey, we learned from the best!" Dolly replies.

"Wasn't even trying to do that last move...but I'm not complaining!" Dylan says, amazed at his abilities and punching the air as they come at me again.

"It was good, but you gotta turn with the punch to reduce-OOF!!"

My advise gets interrupted by Dylan who rotates his body to land another punch to my face.

I parry the follow-up and block the combined punches of both Dolly and Dylan.

We stand there for a moment before I end the practice bout.

"Good. Your progress is beyond exceptional!" I congratulate them, earning me giddy grins from both of them.

Their fire is blazing already, perfect.

I turn to see Dizzy and DeeDee sparring with each other as well.

Dizzy kicks at DeeDee, who sidesteps it and ducks under the follow up swing kick, parrying with an elbow that Dizzy jerks her head back to dodge.

They're already doing swimmingly!

"Keep it up, girls!" I say to them.

"We will, Rick!"

"You can count on us!"

I nod, proud at how fast they're advancing alongside their siblings.

Doug and Delilah are currently helping the other puppies who couldn't catch on as easy with basic striking, dodging, blocking, parrying, etc. alongside my other teammates.

It's been about a day or so since we've began and they've made incredible progress!

"Alright, everyone!" Cato calls, all attention goes to him. "You've done well so far, but now I believe it is time to take the next step!"

"Doug! Come here." Kai calls.

The father of the family, definitely appearing tired from the physical training, steps forward, reminiscent of before when I taught him to throw a punch.