Chapter 18: The History

(Literally the only reason why I'm happy I don't have much to do right now in college (Texas State, Baby!) is that I can finally reawaken my attention span to write. I hate not getting things done, and I like accomplishing things in a timely manner. At least I didn't take 3 months to do this, (even though one is still not the best) I still appreciate you guys still being here after that hiatus, and I want to keep rewarding you with this content. I try to keep it at least equal to or around, if not more than 7 thousand words, it's a challenge, but it's what makes this project worthwhile. I believe that at least some aspects of your life should be challenging so you feel prouder of yourself when you finish it. I feel good knowing that I could create something such as this, and it's even better knowing you're still here. For that, the next chapter is here again, just for you. If you can, while you're here, leave a vote, comment, a follow, share this with all your friends, STAY AWESOME, AND ENJOY!!!!)

Dylan

Despite everything that's happened, whether it be my entire perspective on reality being shattered into a thousand pieces, and then being reconstructed into something I can't even make sense of...

Nope...

Still can't believe all this has happened over the course of a few weeks.

We learn of potentially higher beings that might be the source of our heightened intelligence, ulterior forces that seek to undermine both us and everything else...

And that the human, who is currently having me and Dolly on his lap petting us behind our ears (much to our ecstasy) and who's also been living with us is not only affiliated with the higher beings...

He could very well be one of them.

Side note: I've always found it strange how humans can interact with each other with language in the same way we, as animals, do. Yet, until recently, we couldn't do so with them.

Rict-Rick...Voss...

It's weird calling him by a nickname after all this time, I know it's because we've kind of gotten to that point, but again, feels weird. The one who would cross the language barrier between our species, only getting more unusual with each waking moment.

Where'd he get this leather/metal plated armor from? Same for those...Darksabers...

I'd imagine his friends gave the armor to him, not to be disrespectful or anything, but it didn't seem to do justice for the slash across his face.

Like the clawmarks from Striker, it must've hurt like Dog-knows-what.

The armor looks exactly like the one from my dream...

But what about those blades?

...

Weird...

What is even more weird, however, is the fact that we have and Angel and a Mandalorian-looking guy going to be dropping exposition on us like there's no tomorrow right now.

Before they do, however, they both pull out small metal bottles filled with some kind of liquid.

Flasks, I believe the name was.

They unscrew the tops and chug the contents like there's no tomorrow. It's smelling like oranges, and they also grab some small pouches with some more citrusy-smelling food in there.

The orange/red dry and fresh slices indicate, well , oranges, as well as Blood Oranges.

I've seen the latter before in day markets, when humans cut them open they've always goofed with my brain what with the weird red appearance.