Chapter 12: Answers, Aftermath, and Allusions

(Just...we're gonna get right to it. Don't worry, you'll see my apology at the end. All I can say right here and now is stay smart, leave a vote, comment, maybe even a follow while you're at it, stay awesome, and ENJOY!!!)

Striker

I emerge from my state of warping, appearing out of thin air after choosing a random location and not paying attention to where exactly it's supposed to be. Not really like I could've considering I was focusing on not getting Deformed and losing my bet with Scout.

If I get deformed, then I owe him my lever-action rifle. It's a Marlin 336 Dark that I can do the Terminator flip with and I'm not keen on losing it.

Which, I surprisingly forgot to bri-

"Gah!" I shout as I land on my back, the sound of metal echoing through the area, cutting off my thought process. I obviously try to ignore the pain and take in the reality of the situation as I stumble to my feet. I look at the metallic ground to contemplate, my ears still ringing and my face still in pain from getting shot.

Okay, what the hell just happened?! First, I emerge into this world to get the drop on Rictor after sending Sumarbrander to keep any monsters in check and oversee the chaos the termites are causing. Obviously Rictor and I are evenly matched, next thing I know, he's beating, shooting, and stabbing the crap out of me using BOSS'S blades. How the hell did he get those? All I know is that the last I saw those, Boss had them either when he went to the negotiations, (don't even know why he did, normally he'd just brutalize them and demand they give into his 'requests'), or when he went to the Sakura Rose field.

Those accursed flowers have a unique aspect to them, as unless you have flawless energy control around them, they entirely neutralize your energy capabilities by absorbing any power you emanate indiscriminately. Some places in the omniverse act strangely, especially when it comes to life force, and that place is one of them. It's almost as if the omniverse has, I don't know, 'glitches', that require specific ends to be met to either function, or in our case, fight within those designated areas.

Anyways, that's a discussion to be held later.

I'm surprised how long it took the authorities to show up at our battle site, same for the news as well, probably Seeker's doing, I can feel more signatures showing up there now.

Regardless, boss will want an update.

I adjust my gauntlets and secure my boots. I put my fingers to my forehead, similar to what I did like how I warped, and send out a mental connection to my home world, feeling the cracks on the impact zone where I got shot all the while.

I barely have time to collect my thoughts before I'm confronted.

"Let me guess, he kicked your ass?"

"No, Scout, he caught me by surprise." I barely manage to say, my voice starting to glitch.

"Of course he did, I told you to wait until we had more info on him, but no-o-o-o, you had to go and 'test' him a little more than you were supposed to." He says. "By the way, I'm Speed Demon now."

"Since when did you do Amphetamines?" I say with my cheeky malicious grin.

Speed is slang for Amphetamines, FTR.

"Harr-dee-harr-harr." My colleague exasperatingly says.

"Anyways, uh, does Boss know our most hated adversary has his weapons?" I dramatically change the subject.

Nothing on his end.

"WHAT??!!"

"Yeah, he's got his blades. Does he know about it?" I nonchalantly say, slightly amused at my colleague's outburst. "Based on your reaction, I'd say at the very least you didn't."