Chapter 15: Drilling, Discipline, and Developments

(I decided to add a little bit of 101 Dalmatian Street material in this chapter, make it a little more connected to the show. Yunno, faithfulness to the source material. Also, if you're interested, I got a new story out! It's been on my mind a while now and it'll be on my page, you can check it out right there. For the time being, however, if you can, please leave a vote, comment, maybe even a follow while you're at it, stay smart, stay awesome, and ENJOY!!!)

Cato

Why do I come here? I know the gentle sea breeze of the imminent breaking dawn is one reason, but it primarily seems to be the serene nature that calms me and gives me time to contemplate my past, present, and my future.

But to be honest, it's probably the bioluminescent blue algae that makes the sea and sand glow when anything moves, especially when I walk on it.

This place, being the home of the glowing algae, is one of the quickest places I can think of when I want to warp. Warping is one of our abilities and it can take several forms depending on the situation. The one we use the most is the one we use in conjunction with our Life Force sensing.

Side note: As warping can have different uses, it utilizes different names as well. Some call it Phase-Shifting, Teleporting, Flashing, (I guarantee you whoever came up with that one is a DC's Flash fan).

Also, I'll get to this in a second, but the guy has one wing, but his mask depicts four...

His name is Seraph, so I wonder...

I've been through a lot. I know I'm not alone in that department. Up until a few months ago, it's felt like my efforts to find my master-...no...my friend...have failed. I hated failing to find him every time I tried, it was murder on my confidence and self-worth. I know that his sacrifice wasn't in vain, nor was it anyone's choice but his, but I still feel the faintest feeling of guilt about it.

Then again, it's like Rictor said: 'You can't blame yourself for things you don't have control over. If you did, then you'd hate yourself for all the bad things bad people do.'. (See? I told you I'd get to it.)

Plus, he always told me to make friends. Throughout my life and my struggles, I've made friends and allies who stood by my side through battles, conflicts, and wars.

Aiding them a couple months ago certainly has eased the burden, I even discovered/created a few new abilities of my own because of it. So, I guess you could say I've grown even more since then.

The only disappointing part about them is that they had to stay in their world, and I needed to return to mine. Their problems were resolved, and I think it's safe to say things were doing swell by the time I departed.

I wouldn't mind going back to visit them, should I have the time.

Ah, speaking of friends.

The familiar incoming presence is company that I am in desperate need of right now.

VROOM-WHOOSH!!

"Hey man, what're you doing here? It's 6:55 and I thought you said we'd train in the training room? You're normally the early bird." Kai says as the light from his warping dissipates while looking at his watch briefly.

He's currently wielding his halberd, a spear/battle-axe/Warhammer hybrid of his own design.

Like Rictor, or at least somewhat formerly him, he's a human who favors versatility if it isn't already obvious.