new flat and new promises

Harry stepped in his new home, flapping his jacket to let the warm air in and stowing the keys back into his pockets. He took in the sight, the modest apartment around him empty and simple. It wasn't too glamorous, but it wasn't cramped. It was perfect. He loved it.

Apparently, so did Ginny. She practically rammed into him from behind, slamming the door behind them and fawning over the flat immediately, leaving Harry to observe by the door quietly. Currently, she was figuring out how to use the microwave, which was keeping her quite entertained.

"I know that Dad took one of these home once, I never got to use it, since Mum made him throw it out." She mused, pressing multiple buttons and putting various objects inside.

Harry smiled at his energetic girlfriend, hauling in the suitcases from the hallway and taking them into the living room. Soon, he and Ginny would have to unpack everything into their separate rooms. Ginny had been very adamant when saying she wanted to stay in the same room, but that was where Mr. and Mrs. Weasley drew the line.

"It doesn't matter anyway - I'll sleep in your room either way, they don't have to know." Ginny had winked at him after her parents had left the room and Harry laughed loudly.

Back to the present, he stared fondly at Ginny, who was now in the living room examining the television. She was just so perfect for him, he realized, and he was so, so lucky.

Walking over, he crouched down to where Ginny was and smiled. "What are you doing to that television?" He teased, for Ginny was fiddling with the knobs. She glared at him.

"I'm only curious!" She said, putting her hands up defensively. "We've definitely got to start unpacking soon, I don't want Hermione to come back and see the place a mess." Ginny reasoned, standing up and taking a good look at the place.

"She'd throw a fit, probably."

"Ron would be right at home." Ginny quipped. Harry snorted.

Ginny took her suitcase and started unpacking her belongings in her room, which was smaller than Harry's, but she said it didn't really matter, since she'd be spending ninety percent of the time in his room. She only brought half of her things from the Burrow, since she still had to live there somewhat. Ginny reckoned she'd probably sneak over in the night.

After he was done unpacking some boxes, and bringing in groceries ( Ginny was fascinated by the muggle grocery store, picking out every muggle snack and sweet she thought looked enticing ), he pulled some ingredients out and unpacked kitchen stools, setting down bowls and putting away cups and plates. It was already starting to look like a decent home, and Harry felt a tinge of pride looking at it. The living space was cluttered with boxes, paint buckets and brushes littered all over the tarp covered floor. Harry began painting the other day when he came alone, doing it the muggle way - he finished, just hadn't gotten around to putting it all away. The only real piece of furniture was the coffee table sitting in the corner.

Harry took to cooking, since, no offense to Ginny, she was an awful cook. He'd always remember the time she blew up the stove in the Burrow during the summer before his fifth year. Ginny was so embarrassed, but Sirius thought it was rather hilarious, stating he always hated the ugly kitchen at Grimmauld Place. Harry smiled at the memory.

He was in the middle of making Scotch Eggs, something that the Dursleys enjoyed and made him make often, when a barn owl flew through the fireplace, dropping the letter down on the counter. Harry immediately recognized it as a Ministry owl, for it had a MM charm around it's leg. He supposed he should've expected a letter from them at some point, since the war only ended two months ago.

Opening it, he set down the plates he was getting out and unraveled the scroll.

Dear Mr.Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Auror Training Program, and encourage you to join us 3rd of August 1998. Please owl us by July the 20th.