put your shirt back on

Harry held Teddy in his arms, the year old infant clutching onto his godfather as if he'd never see him again, a tuft of blue hair in Harry's face. The reunion was incredibly adorable, according to Hermione who teared up as she watched it happen. Teddy had waddled over to Harry and burst into tears as Harry picked him up, yelling and hugging and laughing. Teddy hadn't seen Harry in almost a month, and before that he hadn't gone more than a week without seeing Harry.

So ever since they reunited, Teddy refused to let go of Harry, and Harry was effectively put into the job of distracting/watching Teddy to make sure he didn't wander off while the rest set up his little party.

Sure, Teddy wouldn't have any memory of this, but they wanted to ensure he was happy for the moment, and Ginny and Andromeda insisted it be the best party a one year old should ever have. Currently, while the others zoomed around the kitchen and backyard of the Burrow, setting decorations and tables and chair, Harry was kicked back on the couch, a very small infant sat between his legs as Harry read aloud to him. Next to Harry was a small timer Ginny had forced him to use, a reminder for his potions and medicines. It was set to ring in an hour, and Harry knew that even if he ignored the bell, Mrs. Weasley, Hermione and Ginny would all hound on him to drink it that instant anyways.

Yawning, Harry frowned at his stupid bandage that was wrapped around his rib cage, the itchiness making him shift around uncomfortably. Recovery was still a long process and it hadn't even been a week since he and the others were freed. Every time he got up, he would wince at his ribs and still hadn't hit the weight he was before he was captured, and his iron levels were a bit finicky.

"You like this stuff?" Harry asked Teddy, pointing at the book, who smiled at Harry cluelessly, "I mean, who really cares about an old witch who found a magical mine?"

"Yes!" Teddy exclaimed, his voice and face excited as he clapped his hands together. Harry snorted, the baby really had no idea what the hell Harry was on about.

"Alright then, let's continue?" Harry asked, and Teddy frowned, rolling off of Harry and onto the other side of the couch, grinning at Harry.

"So no?" Harry asked, and Teddy stared back at his godfather.

"What am I doing?" Harry laughed to himself, and shook his head, "Talking to a one year old."

"Yes!" Teddy clapped again, throwing a foam building block at Harry's head.

"You're lucky you're cute."

"Are you arguing with an infant?" Fleur slid into the room, and Harry jumped at the sudden appearance.

"No," Harry smirked, "He's being unpredictable, that's all."

"That's nice to hear," Fleur sighed, picking up the baby from Harry and patting him on the back, trying to set Teddy on her hip, "I'm the one who's going to bathe and change him before the party."

"No!" Teddy shouted suddenly, reaching for Harry again, almost falling out of Fleur's arms. "No! No, Harry!" Fleur looked startled, and Harry grimaced, gripping his chest and standing up to pick up Teddy again.

Harry felt another wave of guilt wash over him. He'd felt tinges of it ever since he'd reunited with Teddy. He knew what it felt like as a kid and waking up everyday without a parental figure in his life—and it was bad enough that Teddy had to go through that. Now he had to deal with the fact that he'd pretty much already traumatized the one year old and already given him more abandonment issues. Teddy was so little and he didn't understand much, so how was he supposed to know that Harry hadn't just disappeared like his mother and father? And now the kid wouldn't even leave Harry's arms.