a walk in the garden

Harry cringed, pulling at his tight, cherry red bow tie and tried not to look too uncomfortable in the awfully tight suit Cho and Dudley had him and the groomsmen wearing. Just as he was going to run back inside to the venue to beg Cho for a different job, he heard someone yell out, "Harry! Wait up!"

Turning around, he looked to see Ron and Hermione jogging up to him, smiling and waving. The scenery was definitely beautiful, even if Harry did have his reserves for the suit and pants. There were flowers littered around the venue, vines wrapped around pillars and white roses sprouting from each pot you saw. It seemed as though the air were glittering with magic, and the air was perfectly warm inside of the building, a slight spruce of humidity to make the bride glow. It was obviously tweaked with magic, the weather, but what else could you do in the middle of January?

"Oh, hey, you guys," Harry greeted, scratching the back of his neck as he tried welcoming other guests coming into the venue for the ceremony (Cho had placed him as the host). "This is so awful." He added in a whisper, looking at the approaching line of people coming in that he had to greet and direct.

"Why did you agree to this position anyways? Yesterday you said that you were going to be taking care of arranging the tables?" Hermione inquired, taking one of the little brochures Cho had made as a little schedule for the wedding+reception. Ron took a little bag of sweets that were meant for the children attending and popped a few in his mouth.

"I don't know!" Harry whisper shouted, rolling his eyes, "Cho's bit off the rocker with wedding stress and some other bloke beat me to it—this was the last position available to I made myself useful before Cho exploded." Harry explained, and Ron looked upon his friend, amused at the stress stricken face he had on.

"Are you alright?" Ron teased, poking Harry's forehead, "You seem a bit on edge."

"I had about ten assignments due yesterday, so I'm exhausted," Harry complained, rubbing his eyes as remembered the dreaded essays on Transfiguration theory he'd completed last night. Studying to be a professor was not easy at all—not that he'd expected it to be...it was just a lot at times.

Ron stuck his tongue out immaturely, "That's what you get for going off to Uni—'least I don't have hours of homework each night." Ron snickered, ignoring Hermione's reprimand while Harry just sighed, biting his smile back at his annoying friend and smacked him over the head as they passed through to the venue.

Standing by the post of the venue was quite the awkward and most unfit job for Harry—as being a social butterfly wasn't exactly something he'd put on a resume. He greeted a couple of Cho's family members and then some distant relatives of Dudley's that he was sort of related to through marriage. Apparently, some of those family members had heard of him, like 'Mauricia Dursley-Smith', who apparently thought he'd died.

"No, no, you can't be Harry Potter," The elderly woman insisted, shaking her head at Harry, "I specifically remember Vernon telling me about two years ago that Harry'd passed away during his time away in the military!"

"Well, as I've never exactly been in the military," Harry said awkwardly, making eye contact with the woman's exasperated husband, "It seems we've got a discrepancy here, ma'am." Harry carefully kept most if not all of the sarcasm out of his voice, not wanting to start a riot before the wedding even started.

"Hmm...seems I'll have to take it up with Vernon." The woman said with a clipped tone, and Harry sighed, doing all he could not to rub his eyes in exasperation.