los magos borrachos

Ginny sighed, throwing her book bag on the floor by the fire, where Hermione was reading studiously, curled up and comfortable. She threw herself into a loveseat close by and laid herself upon it, her legs and head both draping off on either side dramatically as she stared into the fire. Ginny rather liked being dramatic and acting as if she were in one of those muggle movies, and today was just one of those days. And since it was nearing the Christmas holidays, it was sickening to see all of the couples all cuddled up together when Harry was away. He'd stayed at Hogwarts for September, October and half of November, but he got so caught up in meetings with Kingsley and other Ministry members, he left the school for two weeks for conferences and press meetings. He was to come back the end of November, but then another hail of evidence came for more suspected Death Eaters, and Harry and others were working underground to sniff them out, including Kingsley, who was still indeed the Minister for Magic. Harry sent a letter last week saying he was returning to school after the Christmas break, and that he was going to pick Ginny and Hermione up at the Express. Ginny'd been counting down the days since. She was also tired because of her injury in her last Harpies match, and even though she wasn't allowed to play for a bit, she got winded from just walking the stairs.

"What is it?" Hermione asked, not looking up from her book.

Ginny frowned, opening up her bag and looking for parchment, quills and ink. She rubbed her ribs, the bandage wrapped around her itchy. "Nothing, why do you assume?"

Hermione looked at Ginny like she'd just said she didn't know how to count to four. "I'm you're best friend, of course I'm going to know when something's up," She sighed, putting her book away and turning to face Ginny. "Now, tell me what's bothering you."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Nothing, Hermione! I'm just tired, that's all."

Hermione smirked, leaning back against a loveseat and crossing her arms. Ginny sensed the smug energy radiating from Hermione and sighed dramatically.

"What could you possibly know now, Miss Know-It-All?" She asked dryly, and Hermione put her hands in her lap primly, looking Ginny directly in the eyes.

"You miss Harry, don't you?"

Ginny went pink around the ears. "What?" She scoffed, "No, you—that's not it. I'm fine, Hermione." She looked determinedly at the fire, crossing her arms defensively. "I don't miss... Harry."

Hermione's grin widened, enjoying teasing Ginny, since it was usually the other way around. "Really?"

"Yes." Ginny replied, glaring at Hermione as if she just insulted her.

Hermione put her book aside for the thousandth time, and stared at Ginny. "I hate to say it, but I don't believe you."

Ginny scoffed, looking around the half empty common room to see if anyone else had heard this absurd statement, offended. "What? Why? I'm fine, it's only been a few weeks!"

"A few weeks? I recall just yesterday you complaining to Luna about how it felt like months!"

Ginny blushed and nodded confidently, her eyebrows stitched. "I am perfectly capable of going a few weeks without seeing my boyfriend."

"Mhm." Hermione mocked her, smiling and poking Ginny in the rib.

"What?" Ginny exclaimed. "I'm a strong, independent witch who can go a while without her boyfriend's company!"

"I'm not saying you aren't, you can be an independent witch and still miss him." Hermione said wisely, opening up her book again,

Ginny crossed her arms, jutting out her jaw and looking up, pouting like a small child.