say it more often

Waking up in the hospital was one of the most awful yet relieving feelings in the world—a feeling a bit too familiar with Ginny.

Yet, here she was again, in the hospital, squinting at the ceiling as she attempted to adjust to the light. She felt disoriented and dazed—nothing felt real to her. Ginny reached up to rub her eyes so she could wake up a bit.

As she sat up, a very loud and dramatic scream made her almost faint, and before she was even able to assess the situation, the familiar arms of Fleur Delacour were slung around her shoulders. A mediwitch rushed into the room, startled, but slowly backed out as she saw what was going on. Fleur hugged her tightly, and rocked her around like she would her little sister Gabrielle.

"Ginny!" Fleur cried, wiping a tear from her cheek, "You've woken up, my god! You're alright!" Ginny blinked, hugging Fleur back confusedly, until she was sucked back into reality, remembering all that'd happened to her.

It was sort of overwhelming as she realized what was going on. She was out of the Manor, she was free, and she was safe. She wasn't in that awful cellar, no cement walls casing her in...the light in the hospital room was bright and blue tinted, the scent of antibacterial cleaning prodoucts filling her senses. It was much different than the cellar she'd finally escaped.

"Here, have some food, the mediwitch just left some lunch here," Fleur insisted, shoving a tray of bland looking food in Ginny's lap. To anyone else, it'd looking sort of gross, but to her, it looked delicious, "Eat up, the doctor said you looked malnourished."

"I am," Ginny rolled her eyes, "But at least Harry always snuck in food onto my plate when he thought I wasn't looking—only reason I didn't say anything is because I didn't want to make him feel bad."

Fleur smiled, shaking her head fondly. They ate in silence, Fleur picking off some of Ginny's grapes as they both fell into deep thought—it wasn't awkward, sort of calming really, no questions or tears or hugs.

She'd gone through a lot for being just seventeen...just thinking about everything made her sort of feel bad for herself and the other kids her age. She sort of fell down a stream of thoughts while she ate, and she didn't realize the clock ticking away as the minutes flew by.

She and Harr—wait. Where was Harry? What had happened since the Manor collapsed? Who was alive? Who was dead? Where was Draco? Suddenly she overwhelmed herself with questions.

"Fleur...where's everyone? What happened? Is Harry okay? And Ron and Hermione? What about my brothers? Kingsley?" Ginny interrogated, her heart racing as she asked all of these questions rapidly. Fleur sighed, rubbing Ginny's shoulder comfortingly.

"It's alright, ma choupette, don't worry," Fleur said, shaking her head, "Your brothers are okay, Hermione is uninjured, Kingsley is perfectly okay." She said, and Ginny felt herself breath a bit better. But there was one person she hadn't mentioned, and Ginny felt her palms start to sweat with nerves. Fleur sat back down into a chair by the bed gently, rubbing her eyes and breathing shakily.

"And Harry?" She asked, her eyes wide. Fleur frowned slightly, and Ginny clutched at her hospital sheets. She did not just go through all of this for Harry not to make it through—she couldn't even bare to think of it. The words that came next were said very carefully.

"Harry is in the next room, he's not waken up yet, but he's... stable," Fleur said, her voice shaking slightly. Ginny felt her skin go cold. Stable never meant anything good, Fleur didn't say anything about him being up and well.

"What do you mean, stable?" Ginny demanded, sitting up straighter. Fleur hurriedly made Ginny lay back, handing her a glass of water, ushering her to stay calm, "What's wrong with him?"