『chapter』 『²¹』

jͩeⷪnͪoͬ

"hm, jeno, we need to find a job for you

"hm, jeno, we need to find a job for you."
"but why though? can't i just not do anything?"
"no, you'll become a piece of cardboard if you stay inside too much. and anyway, if you're gonna stay here you have to pull your weight."

jeno sighed. jaemin had been insisting he try and find out what jobs he could uptake at the underground. in all honesty, he didn't want to do anything at all.

"can't i just, i don't know be your assistant or something?"
the boy was still trying to avoid work.

"yo, jeno, are you strong at all? and smart?"
"i don't know why you're asking me these questions as if you couldn't just figure it out from living with me. is it not obvious that-"
"okay wonderful, i think i know the perfect job."

jeno watched the younger as he pulled out his phone and sent a text to someone. jaemin's phone began ringing almost immediately. he picked up.

"hello? taeyong hyung?"
the voice at the other end couldn't be heard.
"mm, yes, i've been good. any news on that gang you were working with that time or no?"

"none? oh, that's a shame. anyway, i called to tell you that i've possibly found a new recruit for you."
"yeah no, i promise he isn't gonna be as incompetent as the last one. i think he's smart."
"when do you get back? tomorrow? okay, i'll introduce him to you then."

the call ended and jaemin smirked at jeno.
"who is taeyong?"
"your new future boss."
"i didn't agree to this though. like i don't even know what the job entails-"

jaemin pressed a finger to the other's lips harshly.
"hush hush, my dear darling friend, you'll know soon enough. don't fight the forces of what it is."
jeno blinked in annoyance. he tried to speak despite the presence of jaemin's finger.

"no but at least tell me what i'm dealing-"
"shh shh shhh."
jaemin forced his finger further against jeno's lips, pinching his forefinger and thumb against jeno's nose too.

"do not try and change the way fate hasth decided thus self."
the older pushed jaemin away, almost going red from struggling to breathe so much. to answer jaemin's previous question, jeno was quite strong and he learnt this the hard way as he almost fell over.

"holy shit dude- you could've killed me."
jaemin sat on the floor and panted, exhausted after being so terrified for his life.

"yo, you guys, we have an emergency." a girl that jeno didn't know came running up to the two of them. she gave them a worried glance after the whole ordeal of earlier before continuing.

"heloise is in trouble."

☎️

☎️

what's new pls, heloise is always in trouble... also this scene was very much inspired by that one type jaemin almost killed jeno for the sake of aegyo