『chapter』 『⁵⁶』

jͩeͮnⷨoͪ

"this is a big part of the reason why i will never speak to you ever again

"this is a big part of the reason why i will never speak to you ever again."
"we both know that's not true."

he took a step towards her: leaning down ever so slightly, ever so slowly.
he felt a lack of air as she sucked in gently and he could practically hear the way her heart was thumping.

"we both know you'll need me again."

saying this line, he was much closer to her ear this time. so much so that he could feel the soft tip of her ear grazing his mouth.
"you'll need me to..."

his voice was considerably lower in pitch now. he looked her up and down before continuing his sentence.

"carry your bags for you or tell you where the bathroom is!"
his tone had changed completely, becoming much more brighter as a contrast to just a few seconds ago.

he had rightly observed the way heloise wiggled her fingers against the handle of her luggage, as if to try and make it way less. and the way she hopped from side to side and squeezed her legs together uncomfortably.

she blushed profusely as he slipped the bag from her hand and pointed out the direction to the toilets. nodding gratefully, the girl left.

jeno laughed loudly to himself, knowing he was cruel but finding her reaction all too hilarious. but he did feel a little guilty, maybe he would apologise later.

but for now, he went to the kitchen in an effort to make something.

he had assumed that his mother wouldn't be at home, that she would've been working or something along those lines, but he had assumed wrongly. and was therefore shocked by her presence when she entered the kitchen.

"oh hi mum. i thought you'd-"
"jeno, baby, who's that girl that you brought with you?"

he faltered for a second, they hadn't thought of what he should say if that scenario did happen to occur.
"is that the first thing you'll say to me?" he tried to joke around to bring her away from the topic of heloise.

"of course not, i just want to know the kind of people you're hanging out with. do you know her?"
he hummed a yes in response.

"are you close?" another hum. "are you friends?" hum. "have you known her for a while?" humming again. "is she nice?" yet another absent minded hum.

he was so used to the answer being yes that he wasn't even listening to the questions anymore, just preparing food in the microwave. and humming again and again without thought until:

"are you two dating?" hum.

"wait what?- n- no, we're not.. we're n- it's not like that, we're not dating. why would you think that?"

"because you just said yes when i asked you..."

☎️

☎️

tut tut jeno- tut tut

also YAYYY I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO ATHLETICS FOR LIKE TWO HOURS BUT IT WAS THUNDERING AND THERE WAS LIGHTNING TOO SO LIKE IM UPDATING INSTEADD~ ;)))

i acc need to finish this story tho, the way its dragging on is scary but its better bcs then their relationship can acc develop a little YK