Confrontation (He looks familiar, that's because he is, pt 2) (24)

Has it been forever? Yes. Have you lot been waiting for this chapter for literal months? Yes! Is my thumb still suffering after being dislocated? ... Also yes. BUT WRITE I SHALL!!!!!

Leah's P.O.V.

Ding ding ding ding ding

My phone went off 5 times, taking all of us out of our half-asleep state. We had been trying to track down dad for 20 hours now.

913-555-7348:

Hello there Leah
--
You haven't changed your number I see
--
I'm sure you've realized who I am by now
--
And I'm positive you know I have your father here with me.
--
+1 attachment

End of texts

I clenched my jaw, sending the attachment to dads computer. I threw the video up  onto the plasma, and played it.

Rylee's face was the first thing shown. "Hi there Leah." He said, smirking. "I miss you you know. I miss the talks we used to have. The projects we used to work on together. You remember the crochet hook bow and arrow we made?" Rylee gave a dry chuckle. It was exactly the same as was burned into my memory.

"Why didn't you invite me to your wedding Leah? "

"Because I despise you." I hissed under my breath. 

"I know you do." It was almost as if he knew I was going to say that. "But you have no reason to. Well, didn't. Until now that is. Because, as I'm sure you know, I've stolen your father!" He said it brightly, almost happily. He moved out of the way to show dad, unconscious, tied to a chair, a wad of cloth in his mouth.

This made me clench my jaw even tighter.

"Come on Leah. I know you want to see me again." He winked, and licked his teeth. He kissed the air, chuckled, and the recording stopped. 

"Ugh, I feel like I need a shower." Bishop insisted, shuddering.

"Tell me about it," Tim agreed, shaking his head. I was completely and utterly disgusted with him. He and I were never together, he however, had attempted to make us work multiple times.  I was never attracted to his dirty blonde hair and copperish eyes. He was always incredibly flirty with me, even when I got with Brock. Even when Jack and I got together. He was still trying.

"Tim, do you have an answer for me yet?" I asked for the 5th time in 3 minutes. Until Tim had figured out if his phone was traceable of not, we couldn't progress.

"Leah, I told you, you have to be patient."

"Tim I swear to you-"

"GOT IT!" Tim said, cutting me off, and grabbing the remote to the plasma.

"The phone he was calling from was a standard Walmart burn phone. He had the location off so I can't trace it, but what I could trace," He hit two buttons and a map of what I recognized as middle West Virginia appeared. "Was the cell towers he was using." Circles came up around 3 of them that formed a triangle. "He was hoping signals between these three. And by that I mean, he's still hoping between towers."

"Is there any way that we can know which of the towers he's closest to?" I asked, making a copy of what was on the plasma, on dad's computer; which I had claimed for myself at the moment.

"No," Tim replied, setting the remote back down.

"But we know he's in West Virginia."

"Yes."