Little Tony (2)

This chapter happens about 16 years before season 1 of NCIS on Netflix. Soo let's get goin'! The perspective won't change in this chapter, but in normal chapter's it will. So just be sure to pay attention!

Tony's P.O.V.

"Ellie should be awake soon," I commented, stretching. I had been awake for the past 3 hours, getting something done for NCIS. I had been working there for a while, but ever since Elioriana was born, I had to start working from home till she was old enough to go to school. But for now, she was still only two. I didn't much like the idea of day-care, and definitely not because you had to pay for it, but also because I don't want Ellie under anyone's care except my own or Abby's until she's old enough to know how to care for herself.

I heard sniffing from the nursery. The sniffing was soon replaced by soft crying. The soft crying then changed to quiet sobbing. I walked into the nursery, and looked into the crib. Ellie was lying flat on her back, her little fists hitting the mattress, her red blanket was twisted all around her, binky trapped in the folds somewhere.

"Hey there squirt," I said, picking her up. I carefully moved the blanket from around her legs, neck, and arms, and placed it back in her crib. I picked up her binky, and walked into the kitchen, Ellie still crying. "I know squirt, I know you're hungry. Just give me one second." I insisted, pulling open one of the cupboards.

Struggling only a little bit, I got Ellie in her chair, and got her favourite mashed plums. I set them with a spoon in front of her, and made breakfast for myself.

"Ellie," I said playfully, setting my mug of coffee on the table. There was plum in her hair now. "You're supposed to eat the plums."

After I cleaned up both Ellie, and breakfast, I picked her up, and took her back to the nursery. We got her dressed, and I picked her up again. "Let's say good morning to your mommy shall we?" I offered. In the nursery, there were crates full of books attached to the wall. Beneath the crates were a whiteboard, and a chalkboard, with the necessary accessories. Living on top of the crates were a bunch of pictures. The largest one was a picture of Hope DiNozzo. "Hi mommy," I said, holding Ellie up till she was eye level with the picture. "Hope you had a good night." I said, chuckling slightly.

We continued talking to the picture for a few minutes, before I got teary. "Well, we love you mommy." I finished, taking Ellie into my office. I sat her on the ground, and handed her her teddy bear -who she had affectionately named 'Teddy'. I sat at my desk, and kept working.

"Dada?" Ellie babbled after a few hours.

"Yes squirt?" I replied, turning my head towards her, but keeping my eyes on my computer. "What do you need?"

"I nee' help." She said sadly. I walked around, and crouched down in front of the only family I had left. I cocked my head. "I can'  find Teddy." She complained, rubbing her eyes with her fists. She started crying after a few moments.

"What happened?"

"We were playin' hi-n-seek." She whined, her fists rubbing her eyes again. "An'- an' I can' find 'im!" She cried, her fists landing on the floor next to her.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay squirt. I'll help you find Teddy okay?" I insisted, picking her up. She nodded, and curled into my side. "Do you know where he hid?"

"No," Ellie said dejected.

"It's okay squirt," I promised, rubbing my hand up and down her back. "We'll find him. Do you think he's in your room?"

"I don' rememer." Ellie buried her face in my shirt.

I walked around my office, looking for the brown crocheted teddy bear Hope left for Ellie. I gasped softly, and pointed to something behind a filing cabinet. "Do you see what I see Ell?" Ellie sat up, and looked where I was pointing.