We're gonna be alright. (17)

THIS IS LONG OVERDUE

LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG OVERDUE

BUT HERE IT FINALLY IS

THIS IS THE STORY OF ELLIE'S HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION!

HAVE FUN!

Ellie's P.O.V.

"Of course you're valedictorian." Jack teased, ramming his shoulder into mine

"Oh zitto (shush). Now I have to write a speech. But... I'm not great at speeches." I replied, hitching my backpack up farther on my shoulders. Jack opened the door, and the two of us walked out of the main office.

"You'll do fine." Jack insisted, holding open yet another door for me, this one leading to the outside world. I nodded, needing his false hope in me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I agreed, muttering.

The next day:

"NOTHING! NO IDEAS! USELESS. EMPTY. BRAIN!" I said frustrated, hitting my head on my desk over and over.

"Wow, washed up at 14. How sad." I replied to myself

"I've got nothing, I'm done! I'm never getting in."

"Hey. I'm not giving up on you." I said spinning my chair around, and looking at myself in my window. I gasped as I flipped myself upside down, and stood on my hands.

"What are you doing!?" I asked annoyed, walking around on my hands.

"Shake things up! Use that big brain of yours to think your way out."

"What?"

"Look for a new angle." I insisted. I hand-walked on my hands over to my bed, and allowed myself to fall onto it. I looked up at the ceiling where the mural was painted and used my eyes to connect the stars into constellations. 

"Constellations are weird. How do Greek 'philosophers' see a line and a square of stars and say 'ahh, yes. A horse.'? It makes no sense to me. I used to be scared of going outside at night until dad took me outside to watch a meteor shower when I was 9." I sat up and looked at my reflection in the mirror. Granted when I was younger I was scared by a lot of things."

"You were scared by everything!" I replied to myself.

"Yeah... yeah I was." I agreed. "But I got over that. It took some time, but I got it." I furrowed my brow, and put my hands on my mirror. "I got over it." I smirked, and ran over to my desk.

I grabbed a marker, my smaller whiteboard and wrote down a large list of things. Then gave myself a small frown.

6 days later:

"Oh, Anna," Jack said from the door frame. I spun around quickly to see Jack leaning on the wall. "You look wonderful." I cocked my head in disbelief, and smiled. I huffed air out of my nose and turned back to the mirror. I smoothed, my light grey gown down, and picked up my hairbrush.

"Are we really graduating?" I asked, running the bristles through my hair a few times before using the small brush to pull my armpit length reddish hair up into a low bun. I fixed my cap upon my head, and sighed. I fiddled in a little bucket attached to my mirror and found my mascara.

"I mean..." Jack replied, standing up straighter, and walking over to me. "Yeah. We've earned it. You especially."

When we arrived at the building where the ceremony was taking place when I remembered and freaked. "I LEFT MY COILS BACK AT YOUR HOUSE!"