Cheating (15)

Kate's P.O.V. (Kate Todd)

Tony and I were leaving the NCIS building late one night. "I don't understand that reference." I insisted, after something Tony said. There was a figure, a silhouette of someone a few dozen feet in front of us. They seemed to be waiting for someone. "Who is that?" I asked, stopping, and motioning to the person -who I still couldn't make out.

Tony stopped too. "Oh sweetheart," Tony mumbled before rushing forward, and embracing the person tightly. He kissed the person -who I now realize is a girl- on the top of the head.

"Lowering the age limit?" I asked mockingly, walking past him. The girl followed me for a few steps and screamed this at me.

"I FREAKING SWEAR TO YOU IF YOU DON'T STOP TALKING TO MY DAD LIKE THAT I AM GOING TO FREAKING KILL YOU!" Then she ran back over and Tony, and hugged him again. She sounded like she had been, and was crying. 

Ellies P.O.V.

"I FREAKING SWEAR TO YOU IF YOU DON'T STOP TALKING TO MY DAD LIKE THAT I AM GOING TO FREAKING KILL YOU!" I shouted at whoever had been talking to dad that way.  I ran back to dad and hugged him tightly again. Then I kept crying.

"What did you yell at her?" Dad asked, chuckling softly, and rubbing a hand up and down my back. "Actually, before that, let's get in the car. Did you take the bus here?" I nodded, and let dad lead me to where his car was. I opened the passengers door, sat down, and closed the door behind me. Dad came in a few seconds later. He closed the door behind him, and leaned over to me. "Hey," He said softly. "What happened? You want to talk about it?"

I nodded a few times. I was silent for a few more minutes, and it was dad who broke the silence. "Hey, it's just you and me here." He reminded me.

I nodded again, then started my story. "Brock. He. I saw him kissing another girl. I don't even know who it was." I explained. Brock and I had been dating for 3 months now, and had never kissed. But I hadn't expected that to happen.

"I'm sorry," Dad said, starting the car, and putting a hand on my elbow. "So what did you tell Kate?" Dad asked, turning out of the NCIS parking lot.

"I may or may not have threatened to kill her if she didn't stop talking to you like that." I admitted, giggling.

"That's my girl."

I know this was short, sorry about that. I'll go ahead and update again today instead of doing my orchestra assignment... yee.

-Eliza <3